Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2016 8:36:51 AM EDT
Well, I've decided that I am going to sell my remaining FAL's and all of my hoarded parts and magazines. I haven't kept up with FAL's at all, had 9 at one time, built a couple dozen.....Not sure what the stuff is worth now though.

What I have- over 100 original military production FAL magazines. Most of them are used but in VG+ condition either Imbel or Steyr. I have two or three cases of G1 magazines- new, in plastic, in boxes, marked from the 50's.

Have three complete Imbel parts kits. Have two or three complete Imbel front ends- barrel, gas system, handguards etc....

Rifles:

Mismatched serial number FMAP Rosario 50.00 series rifle. Beautiful, like new rifle really......

IAI 444 (100% Imbel rifle), this one has 18" barrel. Dsa Oversized selector.

Homebuilt rifle. G1 kit, barrel cut to 18" with YHM flashider, Enterprise receiver, bipod. L1a1 Selector.

All rifles run 100% and have very good finish. Haven't been shot much in a long time. Good bores, no pitting, not worn out etc....

What's it worth? Please do not contact me to buy any of this stuff. I am just trying to figure out what it's all worth.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to be a regular on the falfiles, but now I spend all my time here.  Recommend checking over there for current values.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to be a regular on the falfiles, but now I spend all my time here.  Recommend checking over there for current values.
View Quote

Will do. I checked the EE here and it's pretty slim, not many useful data points.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The absurdity of FAL's is parts are worth more then a good running FAL.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, I've decided that I am going to sell my remaining FAL's and all of my hoarded parts and magazines. I haven't kept up with FAL's at all, had 9 at one time, built a couple dozen.....Not sure what the stuff is worth now though.

What I have- over 100 original military production FAL magazines. Most of them are used but in VG+ condition either Imbel or Steyr. I have two or three cases of G1 magazines- new, in plastic, in boxes, marked from the 50's.

Have three complete Imbel parts kits. Have two or three complete Imbel front ends- barrel, gas system, handguards etc....

Rifles:

Mismatched serial number FMAP Rosario 50.00 series rifle. Beautiful, like new rifle really......

Homebuilt rifle. G1 kit, barrel cut to 18" with YHM flashider, Enterprise receiver, bipod. L1a1 Selector.

All rifles run 100% and have very good finish. Haven't been shot much in a long time. Good bores, no pitting, not worn out etc....

What's it worth? Please do not contact me to buy any of this stuff. I am just trying to figure out what it's all worth.
View Quote

The mags have gone up in price lately.  You see real FAL mags selling for $15 and more.  Those cases of G1 mags are rare, but sealed ones used to sell for $250.  No idea what they would fetch now.

Imbel kits are still on the market with original barrels.  Good bores (allegedly) but rough exteriors.  I think What a Country or somewhere like that has them, I believe they are just shy of $600.  No idea on front ends.

For rifles, the market has tanked. DSA will sell you a Voyager rifle with a warranty for under $1k.  They're not nearly as good of rifles as yours, but they have helped depress the market on kit built guns.  I'd spend a little time looking at ended auctions on gunbroker to see what they're selling for.  What kind of receiver is the Rosario built on?  There were some Argentine FMAP Rosario receivers that people built those mismatched SARCO kits on that boosted the value if you had a Rosario on Rosario rifle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I recall recently seeing a mismatched FMAP go for $1500.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I only have a century build on an imbel, but a guy at the club shot it and immediately wanted to give me 800 for it.
Yours have to be worth more, mine is beat.

Didn't hurt that we easily swung the 400 yd gong a lot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The mags have gone up in price lately.  You see real FAL mags selling for $15 and more.  Those cases of G1 mags are rare, but sealed ones used to sell for $250.  No idea what they would fetch now.

Imbel kits are still on the market with original barrels.  Good bores (allegedly) but rough exteriors.  I think What a Country or somewhere like that has them, I believe they are just shy of $600.  No idea on front ends.

For rifles, the market has tanked. DSA will sell you a Voyager rifle with a warranty for under $1k.  They're not nearly as good of rifles as yours, but they have helped depress the market on kit built guns.  I'd spend a little time looking at ended auctions on gunbroker to see what they're selling for.  What kind of receiver is the Rosario built on?  There were some Argentine FMAP Rosario receivers that people built those mismatched SARCO kits on that boosted the value if you had a Rosario on Rosario rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rifles:

It's a FMAP Roasario receiver. Very nice rifle, great finish, correct high sights etc.....

Really surprised at those Imbel kits, that's a lot more than I would have thought they were worth. Good thing I checked!
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Imbel kits in the last few months are selling between $450-$600, I bought one from whatacountry for $545 that is in very good to exc condition, typical finish wear on the exposed barrel. Imbel front ends are available for between $210-$299
The built rifles would depend on how fast you want to sell, there are some FN fal's for decent prices just sitting on GB for months. As others have said, the FMAP could be worth some good cash!
In February I picked up an absolutely mint G1 matching kit on serial number matched older Entreprise receiver for $1100 shipped, and an Argentine 18" para for $1400 also in perfect condition. There are quite a few decent fal's out there for $800-$1000, the market is a little weak on higher end stuff.
Mags are easily $15-$20, the days of $4 new Steyr mags from dsa are long gone unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rifles:

View Quote

Magazines vary a lot.  This year while residing in AZ I was able to buy 20 Steyr mags for $11 each, shipped.  They were in used condition; most had some amount of surface rust, although a couple had more extensive rust that left a lot of pitting once I removed it.  I also was able to get 9 hiduminium FN mags; I think I paid $15 for one and a bit over $17 each shipped for the rest.  Used, but in pretty decent shape.

However, I have seen people list them as high as $30 or more in some cases, but magazines posted that high often are listed for a long time before they sell or the seller drops the price.  The NIW stuff might go fairly quickly as high as the $25-$35 range.  $40 or more, even for a like-new mag is just dreaming, although you might find a sucker or two willing to pay that much.  Most used mags seem to be in the $15-$25 range for steel, a bit higher for hiduminium or NIW.

IMBEL kits vary.  I've seen people list them for over $600, but they just sit there most of the time in the $500+ range.  Most sell between $300 and $475, usually towards the higher end of that range.  Mine that I bought a few months ago cost $385, but it was missing a couple of parts and a couple of others needed to be replaced.  I saw a much nicer one sell for less, but at the lower end, they go fast.  You can definitely get a decent amount over $400 if they are decent and complete kits.  Entreprise was selling them pretty cheap before they got shut down by the DOJ a few months ago.  Front ends, if decent and complete, easily over $200.  I'd say you should stay under $300, though.

Not sure what the IMBEL and FMAP rifles would go for; I'm sure it would be well over $1,000.  The home build, not so much.  A lot of builds seem to be worth more as parts than as complete rifles, although that's not always the case.  Entreprise receivers don't always sell well unless they are ABNI receivers.  The later stuff had a lot of issues.  But if people trust that it runs well, you shouldn't have an issue.  Probably not worth much more than $1,000, if that much, but a lot depends on how the rifle looks.  

I'm sure people's MMV regarding the above.  But they are my observations.

Do you have any interesting small parts?  You'd be surprised how much you can get for certain kinds of parts.  I'm always on the hunt for hiduminium parts, for example, and they cost more than the equivalent steel parts, sometimes by quite a bit.  My hiduminium charger guide top cover was $70 plus shipping from Belgium, and it was only that low because it had a dent and a lot of finish wear.  A like new or excellent one of the same type goes for $120-$150.  An FN hiduminium lower, para or fixed-butt, can go for quite a bit of coin, possibly more than your parts kits are worth.  A lot of early or unique variations on parts can also be worth a decent amount of money, as well as really nice wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top