Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2016 2:51:51 PM EDT
Suggestions? Will be on a Para FAL lower using an ACR stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint PRO stock mount with riser removed works great on DSA railed cover.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Any thoughts on the PA micro on a FAL?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is relative to my interest.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't really use any micro setups except the Fastfire reflex. I like 30mm tubes for the wider FOV. Looked through a guy's Vortex Spark II yesterday though and it was pretty damn nice. I think I want to raise funds for a 1-6 variable now though. Need to see PA's scope as the Strike Eagle has some visible distortion in 1x setting.  

I can reccomend Aimpoint Pro or Carbine Optic though,  just good solid 1x red dots.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a Aimpoint M3 on a Larue LT129 mount on my DSA Para Fal - folding stock, railed top cover.  Really like it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Just put an acog mini on my fal....I think it's the 2.5x version.   Little pricy compared to the MRO but not too far off.  I did have a spark II on it befor, for a red dot it's ok.  But the acog is leaps ahead in usability.  A tad high for stock cheek weld but with ACR stock it would be perfect.   My mount has a hole down the center to use iron sights.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just put an acog mini on my fal....I think it's the 2.5x version.   Little pricy compared to the MRO but not too far off.  I did have a spark II on it befor, for a red dot it's ok.  But the acog is leaps ahead in usability.  A tad high for stock cheek weld but with ACR stock it would be perfect.   My mount has a hole down the center to use iron sights.
View Quote

Acr stock?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure if you've bought anything yet, but if it were me, I would go with a moun t designed for absolute co-wintess on an AR15. Here's why...

As pictured, the ACR with high placement adapter is giving you an almost completely inline stock arrangement, just as you have on AR. There does appear to be a slight offset, however, when the cheek rest is all the way down. To account for that offset, I think an absolute co-witness mount would place it perfectly, as opposed to a lower third co-witness mount, which might place the optic too high.

Just my opinion based on the picture shown...
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I will have to see how it turns out. I just sent it in to Arizone Response Systems to get assembled. I already have a a few optics to try. If they don't work I'll get a Sparc 2 and PA Micro to start then a MRO. Lastly I'd pick up a T2 just because they are so damn expensive.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before I stupidly traded my DSA 16" SA58 I had the railed top over/AP Micro combo. It's perfect for the fal. I tried a ACO as well but it was too high, the Micro in the mow mount gives you an awesome cheek weld.

I miss my FAL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top