Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2016 10:03:21 PM EDT
I'm thinking about selling my DSA SA58 since I rarely shoot it. It's 16" barrel with vortex FH, DSA saw grip, extended safety and DSA optic mount. I have not seen any recently for sale. I want to put a fair price on it. I have a handful of 20rd mags and two 30s. I'm thinking about 600-700 rounds thru it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about selling my DSA SA58 since I rarely shoot it. It's 16" barrel with vortex FH, DSA saw grip, extended safety and DSA optic mount. I have not seen any recently for sale. I want to put a fair price on it. I have a handful of 20rd mags and two 30s. I'm thinking about 600-700 rounds thru it.

Thanks.
View Quote

Is it against forum rules to post an offer? Hehe
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't trying to advertise outside the EE. Just trying to gauge the price.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
1200$ ish with your acces.  There's a 16 in the market place now.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_93/1491442_2_Fal_s_Imbel_and_dsa__New_lower_prices.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking in that price range. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1200$ ish with your acces.  There's a 16 in the market place now.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_93/1491442_2_Fal_s_Imbel_and_dsa__New_lower_prices.html
View Quote

That is not a factory DS Arms rifle
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
How can you tell?  I asked the op of the ee thread he said he didn't know. The rifle in tbe ee thread looked strange to me.  Never seen a bolt carrier like that.  I guess I insulted him because he quit responding
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How can you tell?  I asked the op he said he didn't know it looked strange to me.  Never seen a bolt carrier like that.  I guess I insulted him because he quit responding
View Quote

I'm not really sure what you are saying? I didn't comment on the for sale thread you posted from the EE. I did see the thread and that is not a factory SA58. It's part DSA and something else. I dug out all my mags. I have three 30s and six 20s. I'm still thinking of selling. But will do more searching before setting a price. Most of the others I have found for sale are plain factory rifles with the standard safety and grip.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the confusion,  op for the rifle in the ee.  Not op of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How can you tell?  I asked the op of the ee thread he said he didn't know. The rifle in tbe ee thread looked strange to me.  Never seen a bolt carrier like that.  I guess I insulted him because he quit responding
View Quote

It's a British L1A1 bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Set a ridiculous price and drop it $10 a day until it sells. That will be the current market value.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not really sure what you are saying? I didn't comment on the for sale thread you posted from the EE. I did see the thread and that is not a factory SA58. It's part DSA and something else. I dug out all my mags. I have three 30s and six 20s. I'm still thinking of selling. But will do more searching before setting a price. Most of the others I have found for sale are plain factory rifles with the standard safety and grip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can you tell?  I asked the op he said he didn't know it looked strange to me.  Never seen a bolt carrier like that.  I guess I insulted him because he quit responding

DSA guns are worth more if they are Greys Lake guns rather than Barrington. Machining and fit/finish/function was FAR superior.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I paid $1500 for mine new but that was before the flood of AR based .308 rifles came on the market. I believe somewhere in the range of $750-$950 would be what it is worth.  You also must consider that these DSA FAL's are not target accurate rifles but battle rifles. Still fun to shoot though. Look on Gun Broker to see what they are selling for and  not what sellers are asking for them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I would think that you should be able to get $1100-$1200 for it.

I too decided to sell a 16" SA58 (railed in my case) and I'm finding the market is stagnant at the moment. Ten years ago, SA58s and STG58s were everywhere. mags were plentiful and cheap too. When I bought mine (a little over a year ago) I drove to every gun shop in a 50 mile radius and nobody had seen a DSA FAL in a long time. I was surprised that not a single shop in the whole Tampa Bay area had an FAL for sale. I wound up buying one on Gunbroker. I bought a bunch of cheap surplus mags online and most of them have jacked up feed lips and require lots of work to make them functional again.

Fast-forward to the present day and Gunbroker isn't very helpful in getting a handle of the market. Very few SA58s are being listed, let alone actually selling. Plenty of kit builds being offered, sure, but it seems that very few people are getting rid of DSA "factory" built guns of any type/configuration. Maybe that's a sign that I should keep it?

I'm thinking that the cost of .308 ammo coupled with higher prices of surplus mags is persuading people to buy low end AR10 type guns instead. It feels like the FAL is somehow getting pushed into obscurity, which is very strange. I guess for most people, the modern day economics of .308 shooting doesn't lend itself to battle rifle blasting and instead focuses on chasing precision, which isn't the battle rifle's forte.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I will go ahead and post it up in the EE and locally to see what happens. I'm not in a bind for the money so I can wait it out. Or just put it back in the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top