Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:49 AM EDT
a buddy bought a really sweet FAL.
it'ds very accurate, but he says the trigger sucks.  Are there any aftermarket tweaks?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Taking a couple loops off the trigger spring and some polish can make a nice trigger on the FAL easily.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty new to the FAL, but I recently picked up an SA58 and the trigger was downright unbearable. I bought a Falcon Arms trigger pull reduction spring kit for it. I used the sear spring and the trigger return spring, but I chose to keep the factory hammer spring to avoid any primer ignition problems. The trigger pull now feels about like a stock AR15 trigger. I have test fired only 120 rounds so far, but I haven't had any issues whatsoever, and unless a spring manages to somehow snap into pieces, I don't think any will develop.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
a buddy bought a really sweet FAL.
it'ds very accurate, but he says the trigger sucks.  Are there any aftermarket tweaks?
View Quote

Is it an SA58 or STG58 from DSA by any chance?
https://www.dsarms.com/t-gunsmithing.aspx

I am thinking of trying #8 with my STG58.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top