Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 11:35:15 AM EDT
Any feedback on DSA's new-ish entry-level Voyager FAL?

I know it's a cast receiver with a lot of US parts but I haven't seen any first hand accounts.  Price is pretty tempting.  Not terribly worried about the receiver being cast given that FN type 3 receivers were cast and still lasted 40,000 rounds.  Yes, that's lower than the forged type 1/2 receivers but I don't think I'll ever burn up that much .308 in my lifetime.  Unless being a cast type 1 dooms it to early failure.

The only stuff I've found are the discussions around DSA making a cast receiver for export sales.  It looks like a decent entry level rifle given the glory days of nice/cheap kits are over.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked mine up today. It's my first FAL. Can't wait to shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top