Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 11:43:31 PM EDT
I finally got my first FAL, a DSA with holland sight from Atlantic. I was lucky enough that the 5 DSA mags I had purchased before the sale ban last year work just fine.
My only problem seems to be the BHO, it wont chamber a round when I drop it. I can rip it with the charging handle and it works just fine.
I'm wondering if this is just a break-in thing with the mag springs being stiff or if it may need a new set of action springs.

Thanks Much for any assistance.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Take the top cover off so you can see what's going on while you test it.
Take firing pin out of bolt if you plan on using live rounds if you are doing this somewhere you don't want an AD as low as the ods are for that to happen, safety first right!

I have seen this happen a lot if the mag only has one round in it, the bolt hold open pulls the follower down just a RCH and the bolt rides just over the top of the rim on the back of the cartridge.

Not a lot you can do really if this is the cause, just use the charging handle on the last rd or if you have only loaded one round in the mag.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that looks like it. I may try shaving a mm of that follower tab.

Thanks Much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top