Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2014 10:32:01 AM EDT
I played with a dsa fal and now I want one.

I want a 16 inch barrel and I think I like the fixed stock better. But I've never shot the folder so I don't know. What models are better? I've seen one with a short and a long hand guard... Also I've seen a smooth and railed top receiver.
Opinions??
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have owned many a Para.  I have sold them all.  I'm older now, the stock is cool looking but it hurts.  For a first FAL think 50.00.

The standard 21", full stock variety is the best 7.62X51mm battle rifle ever made.  A 16" barrel is nice, but I prefer 5" of  extra distance from the muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Full stock, 18" barrel, rail top cover. best FAL set up for me anyway.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
16in, short gas, para here.  I like it more than my 18in fixed stock.  Recoil on the 16 is fine, very manageable.  First time I pulled the trigger I was expecting the worst, and was pleasantly surprised.  I put the Vltor rail on it.  Would shoot it more if .308 was a tad cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Standard folder sucks, as do most folders. They're built to be more compact, not more comfortable. I've got a 16" build that was my go-to for a while, rifle length gas system, standard fore end (kinda like a Dissipator style FAL). Reliable, helluva muzzle blast. I've used quad rails, Vltor front end, standard BC, NBC forearms on it, settled on Vltor. It's a standard stocked version, but it's being converted over to an ACR stocked para, specifically for running optics.

I'll be going to an 18" or so barrel length, with an AAC blackout FH...maybe 17", come to think of it.

Try to find someone locally and see if you can arrange a range day with them, to try out the variants.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Full stock 18 inch here.  I put a Izzy wood stock on because its a little shorter and fit me better.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
16.25" long gas system, full stock here. Runs great and I love it. I may try to get a para next.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Want.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

/Thread
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Also when buying a used dsa - what should I look for?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top