Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2013 9:14:09 PM EDT
I guess the term is smaller apperature (smaller hole to look through). Something with a size close to the ar. I saw a guy at the range who made his own. Is there anything on the market like this? Also it would be for a century r1a1 metric.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with a Hythe, but you could always drill out/thread/bush the sight leaf, add your own aperture, or use one of the AR systems. Lots of ways to do it. Some folks even use that H&K drum....
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The FAL rear sight is a different distance from the eye than an AR15 rear sight, so you can't directly compare them.

My favorite FAL sight is a DS Arms hooded rear sight, drilled out to a slightly larger than stock diameter.  If you want a smaller size just leave it.  The hood makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 3:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I make/convert standard FAL rear sights that have interchangeable hooded apertures.
They come with two different size hooded apertures but you can order more if you want more than 2 sizes.

if you email me I can send you pics.

My email is gjohnnygun at yahoo.com
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I make/convert standard FAL rear sights that have interchangeable hooded apertures.
They come with two different size hooded apertures but you can order more if you want more than 2 sizes.

if you email me I can send you pics.

My email is gjohnnygun at yahoo.com
View Quote

Did i see you at twin ponds a week ago? Australian fal and two m1's?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed the HK rear diopter drum sights onto my DSA and I am very happy wwith it. Its a drop in replacement. The HK drum for anyone who isn't familiar is set up with a notch style rear sight for 100 meters and then as you spin it from 1 to 2-3-4 etc you get a rear ap sight.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I am happy with this...

http://www.dsarms.com/p-11633-fal-sa58-tactical-para-steel-rear-sight-assembly-with-side-windage-knob.aspx

I would recommend doing your research to see if it works with your weapon... I know there are several different sights based on manufacturer of the rifle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top