Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 10:59:25 AM EDT
I am building a Garand but finding a 1941 NOS Rear Sight is impossible and used ones are very expensive.
I've decided to mount a new rear sight - who makes or offers the best one?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Try www.marstar.ca

They have sights. Prices are canuck kopecs so be slightly less for you
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Complete Repro M1 Rear Sight:   $90 at AmmoGrand.com.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Your thread title is a bit confusing compared to your op.

The rear sights are completely interchangeable between the M1 Garand and the M14/M1A but the M14 sight is calibrated in meters rather than yards. Has a big "M" on the elevation drum too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You looking for original lockbar sights or the much more common later Sight?  The later sight like Was mentioned is nearly identical to m14 sight.  M vs yards.

Lock bars are pricey and a lessor sight in my opinion.  Get them only if you must match the
Original issue.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for any confusion.
My original issue for a Sept 1941 receiver would be a "Flush Nut" type rear sight assembly. Rare and too expensive (out of my range).
I am looking for a new rear sight assembly. The most recent model is fine (if of quality) since it will not match in any event.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I have piles of spare parts. If you need anything PM me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top