Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 12:05:12 PM EDT
looking at an M1 Garand. Winchester receiver, looks like all GI parts. (Some SA) not original stock, front top handguard is a little loose.
looks like it was re-barreled at some point as there is no noticeable wear at the muzzle.

What is a reasonable purchase price?  The owner doesn't know what they are going to ask yet, and this would be my first Garand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
pics would help...

ball park $850-ish right now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah i don't have a pic.  was looking at a couple remington enfields (one with long bayo) and some others at same time. (mas 36 and 49) bunch of k98's too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
looking at an M1 Garand. Winchester receiver, looks like all GI parts. (Some SA) not original stock, front top handguard is a little loose.
looks like it was re-barreled at some point as there is no noticeable wear at the muzzle.

What is a reasonable purchase price?  The owner doesn't know what they are going to ask yet, and this would be my first Garand.
View Quote

If it's a non-pitted Winchester receiver with all GI internal parts (mixed, but in-spec) and a USGI replacement barrel (such as with a 1960s LEAD re-build), and not a commercial tube from, say, Criterion, ...   you're probably stealing it for anything less than $1K.

But I'm not clear on what you mean by "not original stock"? Is it a CMP replacement stock from Boyd's or Dupage?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If the barrel is USGI and the whole thing is in good condition with no or little pitting, $1000 would be a good deal.  Mixmaster SA rifles in good shape are going for $1000 right now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I will go see if I can get a few pics tomorrow .

skipped the pics, asking close to double what you guys estimated so I'm passing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top