Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:21:30 PM EDT
A couple years ago I purchased an M1 from a lgs, who acquired it through the CMP.  I seem to have lost the documentation stating it is from the CMP.

Is there anyway I could get a replacement certificate, or is it even worth having?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
From the CMP website under FAQ

Q?
WILL THE CMP RESEARCH A SERIAL NUMBER TO SEE IF IT HAD EVER BEEN SOLD BY THE DCM OR CMP?

A.
We will perform the research. Research often involves going through boxes of old records. Our files are only complete from 1996 to the present. We do have some earlier files, but know they are incomplete. We require a letter request with payment and we will respond by letter stating if we found anything, and if so – when we sold it and what model it was we actually sold. We will not identify original purchaser. Allow 2-3 weeks per serial number.

We regret not being able to perform this service for free. We receive dozens of requests each week and it can take up to one hour just to find that we do not have any record of a serial number being researched. Charge is $25.00 per serial number, prepaid, whether we find anything or not.

If interested, send letter to CMP, ATTN: Serial Number Research, 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
CMP will only give a  certificate to the original owner.
As stated above for $25 they will search to see if it was sold by them and if so they will issue a letter stating so . If its just a standard rebuilt Garand IMO its not worth the $25 to get the letter
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I feel its not worth it either, especially since it will never be sold  (by me).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top