Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:40:35 PM EDT
6 Mil SG

$1,200

Probably won't last long.

Some of the last Garands made.  Many feel they were SAs best work as far as machining and finish go.

Or you can get a WRA field grade M1D for $1,535.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad times.  Here's to Trump getting us those Korean M1s and M1 Carbines back home!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
They will sell every single one...

$1200 is a bit steep, 2-3 yrs ago when they offered 6mils they were almost half that.

Prob about a 50/50 chance of either getting a mostly there GI gun or a complete CMP 6 mil receiver build in CMP wood about how it was the last go around...
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$1200 is a bit steep, 2-3 yrs ago when they offered 6mils they were almost half that.

Prob about a 50/50 chance of either getting a mostly there GI gun or a complete CMP 6 mil receiver build in CMP wood about how it was the last go around...
View Quote
They were $700 shipped in 2012 for 6 mil serial.  5 years later and I don't believe they have made any more of them. Unfortunately, I was a year late to that C&R game as I didn't even know much about it until right around 2012/2013.  CMP also probably taking into consideration getting these into the hands of guys that actually want them to round out a collection since it's nearing the end, rather than sell them for the usual pittance more over a non-6 mil service grade and leaving the flippers all the opportunity for the profit.  Those visiting the stores have said many of these 6 mils were also tagged for auction...which...if you've ever watched CMP auctions most of us wouldn't have had a good chance of obtaining these anyways.  The CMP is doing a service for many of us that can't visit the stores by making them available at all, even if it's at a price closer to their market value.  If you get a real nice 6 mil with correct barrel and mostly correct, you've probably still made out by a few hundred.  Even the non-winners will likely have their money's worth in front of them.  As the M1 Garands run dry at CMP, these things and all of their collectible niches really have nowhere to go but UP, so for those that want one, you probably shouldn't wait as typically when things disappear in terms of availability their price tends to rise as well.  In a year's time who knows?  You may not see any M1 Garand at all for $1k, let alone a good looking 6 mil.    Or maybe those Korean's will finally show up and all be pristine collector grade for $500................
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
They had them way under priced the first go around and realized it as they sold out in a matter of days.They now  have them priced accordingly
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I just sent in my order for one today.  This will be my first Garand.  Will I even get one before they are gone?  Am I a fool?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you are going to get a really nice garand!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just sent in my order for one today.  This will be my first Garand.  Will I even get one before they are gone?  Am I a fool?  
View Quote
6 mil for your first? Nice! I'd say if it gets there by the end of the week you'll get one, but I have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Fedex man just dropped mine off.

Very Happy with what I recieved.  Serial #60831xx

Looks like original barrel and post war stock.  SA bolt and windage knob.

Complete IHC trigger group and op rod.

It was odd that it didn't come with a hang tag, so I don't know barrel measurements.  
I definitely feel I got my moneys worth.  I may even have a correct trigger group and op rod at home.

One of the best rifles I have received from the CMP.  I was debating whether to make the 3 hour drive up to the North Store and hand pick a 6 mil,  but I don't think I could have gotten a better one if I had picked it myself.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice extractr, congrats!  I hope to see similar tomorrow, mine is scheduled to be delivered by 10:30 am.  Got kind of a cool serial number too, 6097700.  

First M1, but headed to Wanenmacher's in Tulsa this weekend.  If I find a nice WWII era, I may pick up another.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very nice extractr, congrats!  I hope to see similar tomorrow, mine is scheduled to be delivered by 10:30 am.  Got kind of a cool serial number too, 6097700.  

First M1, but headed to Wanenmacher's in Tulsa this weekend.  If I find a nice WWII era, I may pick up another.  
View Quote
Cool, post some pictures when it arrives.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice M1! Congrats.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, no, no!

You are a wise man and you will be happy.

And you will hold onto that rifle and your heirs will be thrilled too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top