Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2017 10:52:08 PM EDT
I have acquired a 5 digit serial number Federal Ordanace M1A.
The ejector and spring is missing. I am familiar with assembly and disassembly.
What would cause the ejector and spring to come out?
Also would USGI parts fit in this? As maybe in a extractor and ejector. I understand that these have
foreign made parts in them.
Just would like some advice.
Thanks~
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to say why the ejector is missing from your bolt. My guess is the extractor came off during use and the ejector launched. Previous owner probably didnt know how to fix it and sold the rifle? Dont know much about Fed Ord but, if it has a commercial or USGI bolt then it will take USGI or commercial parts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Use GI parts only if possible. If not, buy quality. It's one of those parts that really needs to be to spec or they will go bye bye when shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one in the late 80s.  It has usgi parts.  

I have never seen an ejector break.   Wear a bit yes but not break.  Worn out springs were also found.  

I would sooner expect to see loss from a self ejecting extractor.   Using a garand ejector with a long shank or an undressed tip of the
Extractor claw can lead to such ejection.  Once the extractor is out the rest falls right out.   Even if the ejector broke in two you still have
The spring and the rear half of the ejector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top