Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 7:48:42 PM EDT
Okay

Looking for some instant gratification here - like a 20 year old and a Facebook post - but with guns. 

Okay, here goes 

I refinished (hopefully decently) a treelineM14, former Fred's, 100% tiger birch stock. Mated it up with my Stainless, yes I said stainless, Armscorp M1A. I've been tools that's a rare bird in itself, but I'm not really sure. 

Here are some photos. How did I do? Be honest - I went to Norwich so I can take it..... or can I? Hmm, That's a different discussion.....

The photos aren't great but there's 20mph winds and we just got 14" of snow here in VT so it is what it is

Pre-refinish

Oooo tung oil. Sanded up to 400 grit

Tada..... crap, got tung oil and frog lube on my damn chair
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell from those pics.

Did you steam it to get all the dings out?

I have an M1 birch stock on it's second coat of BLO right now, after using leather dye mixed with alcohol.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
looks pretty good, but I'd like to see it in sunlight with out the distracting fish blanket/pillow what ever it is in the background.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to tell from those pics.

Did you steam it to get all the dings out?

I have an M1 birch stock on it's second coat of BLO right now, after using leather dye mixed with alcohol.
View Quote
I was actually pretty shocked. There weren't really any. Randy did a hell of a job finding me a nice one
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That is glorious
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I'm liking that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top