Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2016 11:02:38 PM EDT
Im looking for an M1A. right now ive decided on a Springfield loaded or standard. who has the best prices?

or anyother suggestions?

a local gun shop had a polytech for $1200. but that seemed a little hight to me, and im not "sold" on a Chinese M14.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese guns are fine (I have one) but $1200 is on the high side.  I paid $850 for my LNIB version about three years ago.  Going rate currently is around a grand.  

Prices on Springers don't seem to vary much.  It's an expensive piece anyway to look at it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd try GT Distributors they seem to have the best pricing on Springfields with special law enforcement pricing too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen used law enforcement M1As show up for good prices occasionally.  If looking for new, LRB would be a good option.  Good forged receiver.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my loaded from buds . by the time I paid for everything including dealer transfer I think I have around 1450.00 in it .
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
This is only my opinion but it's what I do whenever I'm wanting to purchase another M1A.  There is no requirement to go with a new rifle.  Springfield has a lifetime warranty (for the gun, not the original owner).  I would look for a used gun in the 80-90,000 serial range or so (or less).  These guns will likely have all USGI parts with the exception of the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is only my opinion but it's what I do whenever I'm wanting to purchase another M1A.  There is no requirement to go with a new rifle.  Springfield has a lifetime warranty (for the gun, not the original owner).  I would look for a used gun in the 80-90,000 serial range or so (or less).  These guns will likely have all USGI parts with the exception of the receiver.
View Quote
Do this, if you want a Springfield.

$1200 is high for a Polytech/Norinco. Increased demand due to the upcoming election is definitely a factor right now though. $800-900 is norm.

The Chinese versions come with soft wood stocks, a neutered muzzle device, and a windage knob which won't stay tight in position. Replace those things and they're golden. It'll be way better than what SA puts out these days. You'll get a high quality chrome-lined barrel and forged receiver. Worst-case scenario with a Chinese rifle would be needing a bolt, but that's very rare, despite internet rumors to the contrary.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

$1200 is high for a Polytech/Norinco. Increased demand due to the upcoming election is definitely a factor right now though. $800-900 is norm.
The Chinese versions come with soft wood stocks, a neutered muzzle device, and a windage knob which won't stay tight in position. Replace those things and they're golden. It'll be way better than what SA puts out these days. You'll get a high quality chrome-lined barrel and forged receiver. Worst-case scenario with a Chinese rifle would be needing a bolt, but that's very rare, despite internet rumors to the contrary.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have both the SA and a Poly. I can say I enjoy them both equally. The poly is a awesome deal for 8-900. YOu get a hell of a gun, I dropped mine into a MCS chassis.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
i like the scout over the standard or loaded versions
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#9]
socom on sale at psa    http://palmettostatearmory.com/springfield-armory-rifle-m1a-socom-308-win-kryptek-highlander-aa9613.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top