BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, I couldn't have asked for 2 better rifles. Correct barrel/receiver combos on both, H&R with LMR barrel. 2-44 Springfield and a 11-55 HRA. Both in USGI wood, circle P and DOD stamp later SA/HRA stocks. 1/2 readings on the SA, 1+/2+ on the HRA. Super time to order!  Going to have to cross reference the SA's parts numbers.  It may be pretty intact but no time to research now.

Seriously, amongst the best of my Service grade orders.  Thought I'd be harvesting one of these if any correct parts to my others and really just put in the order for 2 to double my odds at the H&R...but total score on both!  

Now...do I need another to get a sub-1mil serial SA???  
View Quote

One of the last 2 field grades I got  was  30xxx.

Never thought I would get that and it has a marlin barrel
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Whoooo!

Got my email that my rifles have shipped. I asked for at least one springfield, CMP was nice enough to send me a WWII Springfield

3.1 million serial
5.5 million serial
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whoooo!

Got my email that my rifles have shipped. I asked for at least one springfield, CMP was nice enough to send me a WWII Springfield

3.1 million serial
5.5 million serial
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking..when did you order yours?

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whoooo!

3.1 million serial
5.5 million serial

My order arrived at the CMP on the 29th. I got my email and credit card charge on the 14th. Think it showed up in the E-store on the 14th too. First time anything with the CMP, but I had already created an E-store account. Fedex says my rifles will be here on 9/16. Man they ship fast!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The guns are shipped by overnight Fedex. I just got my 5.956,xxx SA this Tuesday. Looks like all Springfield parts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My order arrived at the CMP on the 29th. I got my email and credit card charge on the 14th. Think it showed up in the E-store on the 14th too. First time anything with the CMP, but I had already created an E-store account. Fedex says my rifles will be here on 9/16. Man they ship fast!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whoooo!

3.1 million serial
5.5 million serial

Damn, mine would have gotten there on 9/10 or 9/12.  :(
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FWIW, I couldn't have asked for 2 better rifles. Correct barrel/receiver combos on both, H&R with LMR barrel. 2-44 Springfield and a 11-55 HRA. Both in USGI wood, circle P and DOD stamp later SA/HRA stocks. 1/2 readings on the SA, 1+/2+ on the HRA. Super time to order!  Going to have to cross reference the SA's parts numbers.  It may be pretty intact but no time to research now.

Seriously, amongst the best of my Service grade orders.  Thought I'd be harvesting one of these if any correct parts to my others and really just put in the order for 2 to double my odds at the H&R...but total score on both!  

Now...do I need another to get a sub-1mil serial SA???  

Nice

My last one was a 300k SA.  I also lucked out and found a bunch of rusty lockbar sights at a garage sale including a complete type I lockbar!!

My hope is to get a post war SA now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Got my sg in mail this week, super happy with it. post war  SA  5.8 million serial,  looks to be almost all SA parts, original finish, usgi stock marked with circled P and DOD eagle stamp and the beautiful red tint to the walnut, has faint rack number as well, guaged 2/2 , contemplating another order due to the amount of lead rebuilds and usgi stocks this batch of service grades has been having. All my other sg's have had new cmp wood.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I need to order one or two. I got my first this past spring and it's a post Korean War Springfield. I really want a WWII era Springfield or maybe an HRA.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Sent my order in snail mail on the 25th, arrived yesterday. 933xxx Springfield, early post-war rebuild but has original barrel and lockbar sight. ME of 0+. I dunno how that's even possible.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sent my order in snail mail on the 25th, arrived yesterday. 933xxx Springfield, early post-war rebuild but has original barrel and lockbar sight. ME of 0+. I dunno how that's even possible.
View Quote

Sounds pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Please post pics..... I can't sleep.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Heres a few pics of mine that I discussed above, I love the USGI wood

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my  service grade this past week.   It is a 2.78 SA with what possibly looks like the original barrel.   It has a GAW stock which is correct for this rifle.  It was pretty cruddy when It arrived,  so I gently scrubbed it with some degreaser and rubbed some BLO on it.  It still has alot of "character" marks.
SA trigger group and bolt.  HRA op rod.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Received my Service Grade a few months ago. Its a HRA LEAD rebuild serial 570XXXX. Just got it reassembled after refinishing the stock with pure tung oil. Cant wait to take her out to the range.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#17]
How are those $1200 Winchester Specials selling?

Worth what you get over a lowly SG?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Well it's a Winchester so it has the name recognition of the receiver.

After that it's basically a brand new rifle and a "turn key" Entry level JCG match gun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Specials are normally about $1000.  You get new wood, new or refurbished parts, and a new Criterion barrel, so the rifle should be a pretty good shooter and I would say they are worth $1000.  It appears that the Winchesters are only higher in price due to the Winchester name on the receiver.  Only the buyer can determine for themselves if they are worth it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Just mailed stuff for Service Grade today. Trying to dig around here for photos to see what kind of condition I can expect it to look like.

Also wrote on the back of the envelope "International Harvester please :)"
Have a SA Special and SA Shuff's Tanker, would be nice to end up with something different.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just mailed stuff for Service Grade today. Trying to dig around here for photos to see what kind of condition I can expect it to look like.

Have a SA Special and SA Shuff's Tanker, would be nice to end up with something different.
View Quote

Don't expect to receive what you see others getting.  As long as it meets service grade description, the CMP had fulfilled its obligations.  That description covers a lot of ugly rifles, in addition to the pictures of nice rifles you may see.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't expect to receive what you see others getting.  As long as it meets service grade description, the CMP had fulfilled its obligations.  That description covers a lot of ugly rifles, in addition to the pictures of nice rifles you may see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine I would see an average of photos on here, right?

I'm looking for a shooter, don't mind replacing the wood, or springs I suppose. These should come in accurate enough and functioning, right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm looking for a shooter, don't mind replacing the wood, or springs I suppose. These should come in accurate enough and functioning, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You aren't seeing an average of anything because many people that buy the rifles don't post pictures, here or anywhere, and many people that do post pictures only do so because they got an above average rifle.  You should get a good shooter, that you may want to, or may have to, invest in some springs.  The rifle should be in functioning condition, but the paperwork states you should have a competent gunsmith inspect the rifle prior to use.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I will be a first time buyer from the CMP. I have all my paperwork sorted out & notarized. With all that sensitive information (copy of birth certificate, CCW, CC info) you need to send how do you all mail your first order? Certified mail, Priority, or just throw some stamps on it? Will they accept it if they have to sign for it?

Also my cousin asked me a question I was unsure of when I was telling him of the CMP & how they deliver to your house without a FFL involved. He asked how they can do that? Is it cause the rifles are antiques, or that the CMP is like a FFL & the reason they need all that info to begin with?

Thanks. Looking forward to getting my first Garand.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will be a first time buyer from the CMP. I have all my paperwork sorted out & notarized. With all that sensitive information (copy of birth certificate, CCW, CC info) you need to send how do you all mail your first order? Certified mail, Priority, or just throw some stamps on it? Will they accept it if they have to sign for it?

Also my cousin asked me a question I was unsure of when I was telling him of the CMP & how they deliver to your house without a FFL involved. He asked how they can do that? Is it cause the rifles are antiques, or that the CMP is like a FFL & the reason they need all that info to begin with?

View Quote

I just sent mine regular mail.  You can send it any method you like, they will sign for it.

The CMP can ship direct because they authorized by a charter.  Even then, that is only satisfying federal requirements.  Some states still force them to ship through an FFL.  

They are not an FFL, only granted special privilege by the charter, but if they start selling 1911s, the updated charter requires them to obtain an FFL.  But, if I am not mistaken, the FFL will only apply to the pistol sales.  Rifle sales will continue to be done the way they have always been done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I just sent mine regular mail.  You can send it any method you like, they will sign for it.

The CMP can ship direct because they authorized by a charter.  Even then, that is only satisfying federal requirements.  Some states still force them to ship through an FFL.  

They are not an FFL, only granted special privilege by the charter, but if they start selling 1911s, the updated charter requires them to obtain an FFL.  But, if I am not mistaken, the FFL will only apply to the pistol sales.  Rifle sales will continue to be done the way they have always been done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you want to make people at the CMP laugh, because that is how you make people at the CMP laugh.

In seriousness though,  all they are offering for service grades now is SAs or HRAs. The IHC's are usually auction only now.   They did have a limited run of them awhile back through mail order, but received thousands more orders then they had rifles available.   I have seen more SA's this round.  

The pictures above show a range of what you might get.  The GI stock I posted had several "character marks" in it.  Most will be like that or better.   Lately,  many have been coming with new wood, like the last photos posted.  So if you want a new looking gun,  you odds are pretty good.

Here is a page with threads of the rifles they are receiving.  There is also a photo thread in the stickies.

http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Do you want to make people at the CMP laugh, because that is how you make people at the CMP laugh.

In seriousness though,  all they are offering for service grades now is SAs or HRAs. The IHC's are usually auction only now.   They did have a limited run of them awhile back through mail order, but received thousands more orders then they had rifles available.   I have seen more SA's this round.  

The pictures above show a range of what you might get.  The GI stock I posted had several "character marks" in it.  Most will be like that or better.   Lately,  many have been coming with new wood, like the last photos posted.  So if you want a new looking gun,  you odds are pretty good.

Here is a page with threads of the rifles they are receiving.  There is also a photo thread in the stickies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, it was a joke. glad someone here picked up on it
and thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

So I have a question. This is my first m1 purchase and I am super excited. I sent in the order via priority mail and it was received on the 1st. I got an email on the 21st stating it had been received and backordered and will be sent to the sales area, then onto shipping. I see that the CMP has put the M1's as sold out as of the 28th. Does this mean I will be getting mine or will I have to wait until more arrive? I'm just a little confused on this.

Thanks for your help.
View Quote

you're in line for one out of the batch that just sold out
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So I have a question. This is my first m1 purchase and I am super excited. I sent in the order via priority mail and it was received on the 1st. I got an email on the 21st stating it had been received and backordered and will be sent to the sales area, then onto shipping. I see that the CMP has put the M1's as sold out as of the 28th. Does this mean I will be getting mine or will I have to wait until more arrive? I'm just a little confused on this.

Thanks for your help.
View Quote

They do it different ways.  Basically, all you can do is wait and see.  Sometimes, they mark the website sold out, based on how many orders they already have in cue that need processed.  Other times, they no kidding sell out and update the website accordingly.  In your case, you will probably get your rifle sooner than later, since they went sold out a week after you received your notice.  And they aren't really waiting for more rifles to arrive when they mark them sold out.  They already have crates and crates of rifles in a warehouse.  It is just a matter of them opening the crates, seeing what they have, cleaning them up, maybe replacing a few parts, and grading them, before they can box them up for shipping.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Thanks.

I wonder where these rifles came from? I am super excited. Hopefully I get a nice one..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for your help.

They do it different ways.  Basically, all you can do is wait and see.  Sometimes, they mark the website sold out, based on how many orders they already have in cue that need processed.  Other times, they no kidding sell out and update the website accordingly.  In your case, you will probably get your rifle sooner than later, since they went sold out a week after you received your notice.  And they aren't really waiting for more rifles to arrive when they mark them sold out.  They already have crates and crates of rifles in a warehouse.  It is just a matter of them opening the crates, seeing what they have, cleaning them up, maybe replacing a few parts, and grading them, before they can box them up for shipping.

Thanks.

I wonder where these rifles came from? I am super excited. Hopefully I get a nice one..

Pick a lend-lease country and you have a chance of being right....unless you pick Iran .  What H53Expert forgot to mention with those crates of rifles is they have no way of knowing the condition of the rifles in the crates.  Some the have opened and virtually thrown them right onto the sales floor with minimal investment in work/cleaning.  Others have to be basically built from compiled parts of unsafe guns.  

And as far as timeline, your timeline is hold-squat and wait for an update email.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your help.

So they would have received my paperwork on either the 10th or the 12th of this month. I haven't heard anything yet so am I SOL?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#38]
First time ordeing?  If so it can take longer for them to create an account for you and upload all your data. Just be patient. My last go around I didn't get notification they received my order for 3 months. And then no estore account updates for another month. My shipping notification email arrived AFTER I had the rifles but I did get an update with tracking info on my estore account and an email from FEDEX (sign up for an account and you'll get a notification whenever a label is made for your address.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#39]
They sold out again? Daaaaannnnngggg....
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so what happens to my info I mailed two days ago?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just mailed in my order this afternoon, didn't check the stock status today before leaving. Will they automatically mail me a garand next time they come in stock as long as any info I sent has not expired?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I just mailed in my order this afternoon, didn't check the stock status today before leaving. Will they automatically mail me a garand next time they come in stock as long as any info I sent has not expired?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to say.   Someone posted in the CMP forum that they called and were told that they would be only be accepting orders postmarked on the 28th or earlier. You may be put on backorder, or possibly get an e-mail saying they are sold out and to reorder next time they are up.  

Let us know what happens.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it made it it made it and you will be notified.

If it didn't you will be notified and asked if you would like to change your order to something that is in stock. If you sent a check they will issue you a refund. If you sent cc info they will shred it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Other than receiving an email. Is there a way to check its status?
View Quote
Not really. You could call I suppose but they won't tell you much. Maybe what days orders they are on.   If they haven't gotten to your order yet because they still have a weeks worth to go they can't tell you much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

50/50 shot but expect to be told sorry play again later.

And no they will not auto mail. They will input your data into their system and will shred everything if you sent Cc info. If you sent a check they will cash it and issue you a refund check.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#48]
I just noticed they were back in stock at the beginning of the week! lol damn!
I think I'll go ahead and get my membership in the Garand Collectors Association and keep my eye on the CMP website for the next year. By God, I'll have a Garand before 2017 is over.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Hard to say.   Someone posted in the CMP forum that they called and were told that they would be only be accepting orders postmarked on the 28th or earlier. You may be put on backorder, or possibly get an e-mail saying they are sold out and to reorder next time they are up.  

Let us know what happens.
View Quote

I hope that's accurate. I mailed mine on the 26th.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I think some people are confusing procedures with the way they have handled certain special releases.  If you sent in an order before they announced sold out, you are going to be placed in the order cue.  You should receive an e-mail stating that they received your order, this initial e-mail can take 4 to 6 weeks.  If it is postmarked by the 28th, they are going to inform you that your rifle is being placed on back order.  At that point, just leave them alone unless you decide to cancel.

If you missed the cutoff, they will probably wait a few days to let the stragglers come in, then they will send a mass e-mail notifying you that you missed the deadline, but they are inputting your information in the system.  So the next time you order, you can just send in the order packet without getting your stuff notarized, and you don't have to provide the original qualifying documents again.

The easiest thing to do is stop worrying about it.  If you postmarked by the 28th, you will be in line for a rifle.  You may get a rifle a couple of weeks from now, or 6 months down the road.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top