Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 9:40:51 AM EDT
I just inherited 3k rounds of Indian .308. I shot it an my M1A that I also inherited. Horrible, underpowered, and inaccurate ammo. Or the rifle is fucked. I have read that this ammo has quality control problems. Is this stuff good for anything? Serious question
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not shoot any of that again, my experience with that was similar.  Except I paid .11 cpr.  I shoot it in a bolt action enfield once in a while, and it is horrible.  everything from a pop to a bang, in fact I'm gonna shitcan the rest of mine.

I first tried it in a FAL that ate everything.  Till I shot that.  Indians should stick to working in call centers, not making ammo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not good ammo at all. However, I bought a case of 7.62 PAK and it turned out to be pretty good range blasting ammo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Why shoot questionable in an expensive rifle, or any firearm.  All it takes is a squib and not knowing it and someone could be hurt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't shoot that shit. Numerous stories of that stuff blowing up rifles. Maybe if you have a cheap ass 308 bolt gun you don't mind blowing up, but I wouldn't shoot it in any gun I liked.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. It looks like I will pull the bullets and reload over time. The German stuff seems to shoot much better. What powder do you recommend for the M1A?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks guys. It looks like I will pull the bullets and reload over time. The German stuff seems to shoot much better. What powder do you recommend for the M1A?
View Quote
Depends upon what you want.  If you're talking about M80 level ammo (standard 147grn NATO) and you've got a progressive, a ball powder like W748 or BLC (2) isn't a bad choice as they are the commercial equivalents of the mil powder the US loads.  If you're going to dump the bullets and load for precision, then it depends upon what bullet weight and type you plan to load.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are gonna reload em realize half the problem is the primers... I've seen that stuff hang fire alot, or just plain duds.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Imr4895.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top