Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:11:11 PM EDT
I have bought several rifles and shipped them to my FFL, everytime they ship Adult signature required which oddly enough is over 21 years of age.

I understand the CMP ships to your house but would I be able to sign for it as I am not 21 bu over 18

Thanks in advanced
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Rules are adult signature , 21 years old. If the driver follows the regulations that is another story
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Here lately they aren't even shipping them.    My friend drove down to Alabama to pick one out.  He paid but they would have to ship it home.  That was like 3 months ago.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here lately they aren't even shipping them.    My friend drove down to Alabama to pick one out.  He paid but they would have to ship it home.  That was like 3 months ago.  
View Quote

What do you mean? They've been shipping fairly quickly lately.

If he had it shipped it was to avoid sales tax.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah adult signature is 21+ due to online booze sales. It's kind of stupid because you can order a CMP Garand at 18 but can't accept the delivery technically. I brought this up to the CMP and they decided to keep their adult signature rule.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine came Registered Mail, that means a signature is required or you don't get the package. It's part of the security and insurance coverage.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh well… that sucks

Looks like no Garand for me…

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh well… that sucks

Thanks guys
View Quote

If the driver even asks, just have someone else that is 21 sign for it.  As long as you are the one that opens the package, anyone can sign for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah adult signature is 21+ due to online booze sales. It's kind of stupid because you can order a CMP Garand at 18 but can't accept the delivery technically. I brought this up to the CMP and they decided to keep their adult signature rule.
View Quote

It isn't their rule.  It is shipping company policy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If the driver even asks, just have someone else that is 21 sign for it.  As long as you are the one that opens the package, anyone can sign for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh well… that sucks

Thanks guys

Oh okay cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top