Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 1:31:13 AM EDT
Well? I had this planned for a long while, and finally got off my lazy tuckus and drove up to Scottsdale to their shop for some parts for my Scout.

I was amazed that their shop was small. An I do mean small... Talk about a garage operation. Even Spike's Tactical had, in their early days, had a bigger shop than they did, but they did take time to hook me up with the parts I wanted and even installed it all for me...

I was even able to play with one of their "Windtalker" Supressors, nice unit, hefty.

After that, I dropped by Dillon for a .40 cal conversion kit and some extras for my SDB. Then went to the Scottsdale Gun Club to test fire the new attachment on my Scout. I was pleased with the end result...

They were also showing "Lone Survivor" on their TV...

So, enough talk.., thanks to the miracle of iPotato Technology, I give you... PICS.

And because I had to...

Some M134D goodness from the SGC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a good day!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds like a good day!
View Quote

It was, except for the heat. Can't wait for Fall/Winter to arrive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't  know how any of you survive out there.  I've got step family in Phoenix and have visited at times and when I was young it wasn't so bad, but dang is it hot.  I hiked / climbed up to the top of squaw peak once.  It was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't  know how any of you survive out there.
I've got step family in Phoenix and have visited at times and when I was young it wasn't so bad, but dang is it hot.  
View Quote

It's a dry heat, much like a convection oven
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't  know how any of you survive out there.  I've got step family in Phoenix and have visited at times and when I was young it wasn't so bad, but dang is it hot.  I hiked / climbed up to the top of squaw peak once.  It was awesome.
View Quote

I'm not knocking the heat, but I am more comfortable in the cold. You can't dress down in the heat.

Needless to say; the SEI folks treated me very well. I'm hitting them up for some more stuff; maybe I will be able to convert my Scout to a Mk-14 Mod 1 after all.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't  know how any of you survive out there.
I've got step family in Phoenix and have visited at times and when I was young it wasn't so bad, but dang is it hot.  

Or having a blow dryer on HOT/HI in your face for about an hour.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]

The Mod 1 is very nice, but it gets heavy fast.

The basic stock weighs over 4 lbs.

The civilian Scout / Mod 1 barreled action is at least 6 lbs.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Mod 1 is very nice, but it gets heavy fast.

The basic stock weighs over 4 lbs.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/Mod1EBRchassis.jpg

The civilian Scout / Mod 1 barreled action is at least 6 lbs.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/fighting-weight.JPG
View Quote

So it's a 10 pounder, not including scope or loaded 20 round magazine, so it's in the 12-15lb. range... No biggie. Humped an M60 in my younger days with Uncle Sugar, plus I'm a big boy (6'1" - 210lbs. Medium build).

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work … you can always hit them with it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The weight doesn't bother me either, just posting some details.

My first SEI build was this MK14 Mod 0 with a medium heavy 18" tube.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The weight doesn't bother me either, just posting some details.
View Quote

Highly appreciated on the tech data. My next thing is to find the correct XS Big Dot front sight for the GLFS, my rifle is running a NM front sight and shoots straight. Which is good;I may get the USGI Fiberglass stock hydro-dipped in Multicam for the time being while I scrounge up funds for the Sage Chassis.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#11]
The weight probably makes shooting it from the bench or prone very enjoyable.  What does and M40A5 weigh?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The weight probably makes shooting it from the bench or prone very enjoyable.  What does and M40A5 weigh?
View Quote

Just shy of 19#
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, removed the front sight off the stock SA muzzle brake. After shooting my rifle fresh out of the SEI shop; I noticed I was shooting low...  THen it hit me; the NM front sight I bought was made for a full sized M1A with the 22" barrel and not for the 18.5" barrel of the Scout Squad.

DERP!

Yeah; I noticed the front sight of my Scout is taller than the one I bought; so I slapped it on the GLFS and I should be solid.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top