Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2015 9:46:31 AM EDT
Gents, here is my DMR wannabe.  Put together at the SA custom shop in the '90s.  Had great fun with this while I was stationed at Fort Campbell.  5th SF Group range was open on the weekends, with steel targets out to 1000m.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice !!

I like the stock... what barrel is that ?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice !!

I like the stock... what barrel is that ?
View Quote

The barrel is a Springfield Armory National Match.  The stock is McMillian, glass bedded at Springfield Armory Custom Shop.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!!!!!!

How's she shoot?  Do you shoot for groups at all?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine:

The selector cutout is because the stock was one of the contract over-runs for the USMC DMR contract.  Got a pretty good deal on it from McMillian on that one!  After a bit of trial and error, I got a load that she loves and will go 3/4 MOA all day long and 1/2 MOA when I bring my A game.  The one thing about McMillian stocks is that need to be bedded.  Rather than the traditional glass bedding that breaks down over time with repeated disassembly, I went with Devcon steel bedding instead.  

Whitetail taken at 423 meters back home in North Dakota on the family farm

My Wyoming range maggot taken around 600 meters in 2013.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thread just got even better!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top