Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2015 4:52:14 PM EDT
I read the sticky where it stated this rifle was built from '94-96. She came with the black krinkle finished fiberglass stock.
I could have sworn I bought it in '92 but I will check the carton for the receipt.

We've been skipping the dentist and it's going to be bad! This isn't the first piece to go and unfortunately it won't be the last.

I've checked the sales sights and didn't find any help there either.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to see how many USGI parts are on it.  It could up the value.  

I don't even really know what a good price is for an M1A.  But one guy just bought a Chicom for 900 bills.  I think it was used.  So.......  If someone is willing to pay 900 for a polytech.  I would say you should at LEAST get that.   Although I think he overpaid, personally.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of those at an auction for $1050 around 6 years ago.  It had the factory installed Choate Folding stock.  Came with the box.  Mine sold for around $1800 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks MUBIZCHOMA, but I think the folder was the money maker on that one.
I found the box but it had no paperwork inside at all.
I guess I'll have to dig it out and go through it as JJREA suggested. After I find the house payment I'm free to monkey around in the safe.
I'll post back what I find as I'm sure I will need help deciphering it!
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Screw it, I'm keeping her.

Thanks folks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I own a SA M1A Bush Rifle, it has a black fiberglass stock.  
It originally has a black rubber butt piece, but I replaced that with the standard metal piece that I found at a gun show.
I paid $1495 new for it in 1994.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks folks.
View Quote

Can we get a pic?   I think that particular version of the rifle makes a lot of sense.  Is it a USGI profile barrel underneath the handgaurds?  And it's an 18.5 with a standard FH, right?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Springfield's Bush Rifles were originally produced in the 1980s. The first models had walnut stocks modified from BM59 rifles. Later models used Choate stocks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can we get a pic?   I think that particular version of the rifle makes a lot of sense.  Is it a USGI profile barrel underneath the handgaurds?  And it's an 18.5 with a standard FH, right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks folks.

JJREA, if you will pm me an email address I'll send you some pics and you can post them. I have an iPad and it doesn't play well with photobucket. LMK.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
IM sent!!!  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top