Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 9:59:53 AM EDT
I have a 6 digit serial number M1 Carbine, non matching serials on parts.

Does the lower serial make it more valuable, or is that only if the parts match?

Not trying to sell it yet, just wanting to find out the value.
Thanks,
Tim
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
There really is no such thing as an all matching m1 carbine

The only real value effector  (besides condition) is if the rifle is in its original ww2 form
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay.  Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, depending on the manufacturer, it may be worth more to some people

I've seen some guys shell out more (compared to what an inlad div would go for) bucks for UN-Quality, winchester and IBM
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a crack or a seam in the stock on the left side there?  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
In the true spirit of American capitalism, it is an advertising point the should be highlighted to attempt to justify a higher price.  To some a 6 digit serial is worth something and they will pay a slight premium. Overall condition matters more to me, but if 2 rifles were in identical shape I would choose the lower serial# if the price was close.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I have seen, who manufactured the rifle has more bearing on M1 Carbine price than does serial number range.  If it has a low serial number, and other desirable features, I could see it bringing more value.  A low serial number on its own, not so much.  From the looks of it, your rifle is an Inland and it looks like it was rebuilt based on the rear sight.  You have the most plentiful rifle by manufacturer and it has gone through rebuild which probably means it has none to few of its "original" parts.  Unless it happens to contain some rare parts, I wouldn't think it would command a premium price.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Your rifle has a late war/post war rear sight. I'm guessing it went through an arsenal rebuild and has a number of late model parts on it. That makes it a shooter, although as others have said someone might be interested in it because of the low serial number. You need to break It down and see just what's inside to come up with an idea of what it's worth. Also, there is no such thing as a 'matching number ' M1 carbine. The only serial number is on the receiver. All the other numbers are drawing numbers showing what approved blue print was being used in the production.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top