Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2015 10:40:08 AM EDT
Has anyone seen the differences and markings to tell a new mks M1 carbine inland copy from the orginal Inland M1 carbine
The Mks M1 carbine has a marking under the stock and on the barrel but I have not heard what that markings are?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
From the description it sounds as though all parts and stocks are stamped as originals. Company marks the inside of the stock and underneath side of barrlel to tell the difference from original. There will be alot of newbies that wont see the marks and will never know the difference
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Any one review one of these in depth yet? Any differences between this offering and James River Armory?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the description it sounds as though all parts and stocks are stamped as originals. Company marks the inside of the stock and underneath side of barrlel to tell the difference from original. There will be alot of newbies that wont see the marks and will never know the difference
View Quote

Thats what I worry about and I am no expert
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
https://youtu.be/VVWM2-WQi6w

cast reciever

This from there website

The new Inland M1 Carbine has been manufactured with attention to detail for historic accuracy. However, there is one area that we failed to meet in regards to historic accuracy, and that is the “Accuracy”. The new Inland M1 Carbine is substantially more accurate than the originals due to the design and construction of the new carbine. Most new Inland M1 Carbines will deliver under 2” groups at 100 yards and it is not unusual to achieve sub MOA accuracy! In addition to the accuracy, you will also have a 1 year warranty with the new Inland M1 Carbine.

Sub MOA

Not intrested in the rifle at this point just wanting to know what and were those two markings are at one is on the barrel and one under the stock, but some reviews don't say if you have to take off the stock to see the mark on the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I call BS on the accuracy
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I call BS on the accuracy
View Quote

2" at 100yds isn't Sub MOA as MOA = 1" at 100yds so you're right to call BS.  However, I have a pristine '43 NPM GI I got over 40 yrs ago with an original Marlin barrel that gauges at 1 muzzle and 1.5 chamber and produces under 4" groups at 100yds, about normal for a GI M1 Carbine.  As it's now too valuable to shoot, I picked up a new AO M1 Carbine to shoot because I didn't care if I shot it out as it's a commercial reproduction.  To my surprise, it groups at 2" at 100yds, the same as Inland claims for their version.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
The new rifles have their own serial number range, the receiver is marked INLAND MFG (MANUFACTURING) instead of INLAND DIV., the barrels have DAYTON, OHIO stamped on them, and the stocks have a different profile than the originals.  If anyone, even a newbie, mistakes these for a USGI model, they are a complete idiot and didn't even do basic research.  Not to mention these will be in brand new condition.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Fulton armory claims 3 MOA on there builds. 2 MOA is excellent for any carbine under that would be pretty amazing to see.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The new rifles have their own serial number range, the receiver is marked INLAND MFG (MANUFACTURING) instead of INLAND DIV., the barrels have DAYTON, OHIO stamped on them, and the stocks have a different profile than the originals.  If anyone, even a newbie, mistakes these for a USGI model, they are a complete idiot and didn't even do basic research.  Not to mention these will be in brand new condition.
View Quote

You are correct I emailed Inland Manufacturing and this is basically what they said on the markings. But can you tell me exactly were the stock profile is different .

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
This is what I emailed Inland Manufacturing,earlier in the week They were nice and email me back very quickly with the answer. I am neither for or against this carbine.

My email question

Hi
I am interested in your M1 carbine but have a some questions. Have these shipped to distributors or dealers? Do you have any pictures or details of the markings that make this rifle yours? The reviews say a mark on the barrel and on the stock? Can you clarify the location and if you have to remove stock to see both?
Thanks

Inland Manufacturing email answer

Our unique markings consist of serialization starting at 9,000,000 and the barrel marks are Inland, Mfg, Dayton, Ohio instead of the standard original marking of Inland Div, General Motors.

They are shipping to distributors and dealers now.

Thank you for your interest in Inland Mfg.!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You are correct I emailed Inland Manufacturing and this is basically what they said on the markings. But can you tell me exactly were the stock profile is different .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember and haven't studied the matter enough to tell you.  I saw some guys on another board crying about it.  Just taking a quick look at some images on Google, it looks like the wrist is thinner and the hump just aft of the wrist is a little higher than a standard USGI stock.  It might slope down a bit harder, making the hump look taller.  It looks more like a Auto-Ordnance stock than a USGI one to me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a real Inland mfg. carbine with USGI barrel that I got from the CMP.

It will shoot 4-5 MOA all day long.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I have found my USGI carbine to shoot 4-5 MOA also.  I never got 2 MOA.  That would be cool.

One thing I really don't like about the carbine is the pistol grip is so long and far from the trigger.  I have about average sized hands, fingers longer than some but shorter than others and for me it feels really awkward.  I don't know why they didn't copy a Garand on that one.  The Garand is plenty comfy.  So.... if these stocks have fixed that part, I'd say it's an improvement over the original.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:41:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This new rifle is a very poor reproduction of the original Inland.

Cast receivers.
Handguard holes drilled incorrect.
Receiver marked MFG and original marked DIV
Buttstock cut and tapered incorrectly.
Hanguard reported cut incorrectly on some obstructing sights.

The rifle is high priced for what it is.

I dont know about 2" at 100yds, but I can say that I can identify one at 50 feet away as a reproduction without my glasses. The stock is that bad.
View Quote

None of those things matter except to people that want to nitpick shit to death.  Well, except the price.  I also think they are over-priced.  But the market will determine at what price they settle down.  I would definitely buy one in the $700 range.  If I had the extra cash just burning in my pocket, I might do $800.  $900 plus and I am waiting it out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice set up, pics, and background.  Slam dunk  Well, you lose some points for the small mag.  LOL.  What kind of mag is that?  And does it work?  I'm assuming it's a 10 rounder?
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#19]
He stated he cut the bayonet lug off he's from nys only 10 rounds only are allowed
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
FOR SHAME!!  Ruining USGI mags.    I'm joking.  I realize you wouldn't do it if it wasn't necessary.  I just wasn't sure if anybody made 10 rounders.  Or if they were any good.  Looks like an excellent job though.  

I thought I remember seeing some (10 rounders) from Kahr / Auto Ordnance at one time or another.  But I'm not completely sure about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top