My order for a Service Grade Garand:

Order Sent: 3 April
Order Delivered: 6 April
DBU:
EStore:
CC Hit:
Shipped:
Delivered:

I'm a little surprised it's been this long without any word from the CMP.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My order for a Service Grade Garand:

DBU:
EStore:
CC Hit:
Shipped:
Delivered:

I'm a little surprised it's been this long without any word from the CMP.
View Quote

Although it has taken them about a month to contact me in the past, that was during some of the feeding frenzies, or when they were behind on sales, and orders took several months back then.  Things have slowed down and they have had fairly quick turnaround more recently.  I would drop them an e-mail at customer service [email protected]  and make sure they didn't lost your paperwork on someone's desk.  Either they have misplaced it, or you will be getting notice of an incoming rifle, or it might just show up any day now.  

If for some reason your internet provider is blocking their e-mails, you may not have been receiving their e-mail updates.  Have you ever established an e-store account?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Although it has taken them about a month to contact me in the past, that was during some of the feeding frenzies, or when they were behind on sales, and orders took several months back then.  Things have slowed down and they have had fairly quick turnaround more recently.  I would drop them an e-mail at customer service [email protected]  and make sure they didn't lost your paperwork on someone's desk.  Either they have misplaced it, or you will be getting notice of an incoming rifle, or it might just show up any day now.  

If for some reason your internet provider is blocking their e-mails, you may not have been receiving their e-mail updates.  Have you ever established an e-store account?
View Quote

I made my E-Store account last year and I know I get their emails because I get one every 3-4 months about happenings in the CMP. I'll give them till June 1 for any signs of activity. I did add a sticky for a USGI stock, would that slow things down for my order?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I made my E-Store account last year and I know I get their emails because I get one every 3-4 months about happenings in the CMP. I'll give them till June 1 for any signs of activity. I did add a sticky for a USGI stock, would that slow things down for my order?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, on the sticky.  I looked on the new order timeline at the CMP forum.  For a while, they were getting rifles out in as little two weeks.  It looks like they are back up to about the two month waiting period.  But you should have received the initial e-mail letting you know they received your order.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, on the sticky.  I looked on the new order timeline at the CMP forum.  For a while, they were getting rifles out in as little two weeks.  It looks like they are back up to about the two month waiting period.  But you should have received the initial e-mail letting you know they received your order.
View Quote

DBU: 29 May
EStore: 29 May
CC Hit: 29 May
Shipped:
Delivered:

Finally, some activity! Hopefully it ships Monday. Serial numbers go out with shipping info, correct?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Finally, some activity! Hopefully it ships Monday. Serial numbers go out with shipping info, correct?
View Quote

They didn't with mine.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shipped:
Delivered:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shipped:
Delivered:

They update the e-store with serial number when they add the tracking info.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shipped:
Delivered:

6 digit SA Garand should be here in the next couple hours!

I thought I'd get more updates emailed to me; I had to check the order info on the estore for everything.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#9]
supernoma, please post a photo or 2 of your SA Garand.

Motor
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Crappy pic but here's my Service Grade Springfield from CMP." />
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
supernoma, please post a photo or 2 of your SA Garand.

Motor
View Quote

Looks like it has parts from everyone except HRA.

IHC Bolt, WRA Stock, Trigger assembly is a mix of WRA and SA.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Order Sent: 1 May

Order Delivered: N/A First Class Mail

DBU: 6 June

EStore:

CC Hit:

Shipped:

Delivered:
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I finally ordered my field grade last Thursday, June 4th. And now we wait....
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

EStore: 6 June

CC Hit: 6 June (Ammo)

Shipped:

Delivered:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I finally ordered my field grade last Thursday, June 4th. And now we wait....
View Quote

Same here, but I ordered a service grade.  My order arrived 6/4.

I'll let you know if I hear anything. It would be great to get it before the end of Summer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Supernoma and CMdrew6115 Very nice !!!!!!!

Motor
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you request that the rifle not a have a new cmp stock. I have decided I want a service grade but I really don't want a new stock I want it to have some character.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you request that the rifle not a have a new cmp stock. I have decided I want a service grade but I really don't want a new stock I want it to have some character.
View Quote

Not officially, but you can buy a used stock set through several vendors.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can attach a note with the request, but is isn't a guarantee.  I have sent many orders in with requests and many without.  In my experience, they don't help one way or another.  I usually ask for USGI wood, and I have received several with CMP wood anyways.  If doesn't hurt to ask though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can attach a note with the request, but is isn't a guarantee.  I have sent many orders in with requests and many without.  In my experience, they don't help one way or another.  I usually ask for USGI wood, and I have received several with CMP wood anyways.  If doesn't hurt to ask though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha one more question does the form have to be notarized? I've read that you do and you don't. Didn't see anywhere on the form that stated.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gotcha one more question does the form have to be notarized? I've read that you do and you don't. Didn't see anywhere on the form that stated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The form has a spot for a notary.  It has to be notarized, but the notary is good for three years if you become a repeat customer.  When you look at the four or five page application, which you must have downloaded and printed, it explains exactly that.  You can find the same info on their ordering information page.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/ordering-information/
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#22]

EStore: 6 June

CC Hit: 10 June

Shipped: 12 June

Delivered:
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Woohoo!  It looks like I should be getting a 1944 Springfield Service Grade in the next day or two!

I don't remember when I sent my order.  Probably 6 weeks ago?  I also ordered a new sling, pack of clips, and a UF&H bayonet.  I figured the bayonet would be a good accessory to keep with the rifle.

I admit I was torn between a wartime SA and a post-war HRA, but I'm happy with what I am getting.   It's my first, and probably the only.  I hate to think that, but I doubt I will be buying much more any time soon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Delivered about a week ago. Going shooting this weekend. Based on the throat and muzzle readings, this rifle is consistent with the CMP Collector Grade standards (just based on these readings, not the overall condition of the rifle):

COLLECTOR GRADE: (EXCELLENT)

Collector Grade Rifles show almost no wear or use and have 95% or better overall original metal finish. Rifle bores are excellent with throat erosion under 3 and muzzle wear of 2 or less.

Well, how'd I do?

Based on the serial number, this gun was built in '54.

Already thinking about buying another one...
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Delivered about a week ago. Going shooting this weekend. Based on the throat and muzzle readings, this rifle is consistent with the CMP Collector Grade standards (just based on these readings, not the overall condition of the rifle):

COLLECTOR GRADE: (EXCELLENT)

Collector Grade Rifles show almost no wear or use and have 95% or better overall original metal finish. Rifle bores are excellent with throat erosion under 3 and muzzle wear of 2 or less.

Well, how'd I do?

Based on the serial number, this gun was built in '54.

Already thinking about buying another one...
View Quote

Nice rifle.  If the serial number had a 6113 instead of 61113, I would be offering to buy it from you.  That was my MOS in the Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I received an e-mail this morning saying I screwed up my order & did not send an acceptable CMP affiliate club ID. I quickly sent a scanned copy of the right club, and just received a e-mail back saying my rife will ship tomorrow or one day next week. I am stunned at the speed, I mailed my order for a field grade on 6/4/2015.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine came in this morning.  As previously stated, 1944 Springfield, USGI stock, and I don't know tons about them as this is my first, but I'm guessing it's all Springfield parts except the operating rod, which has "IH" stamped instead of "SA" with the part numbers.  Barrel listed as a 2+/3+, and the bore itself looks pretty nice.  The stock is good, with some character, though I'd like to get that antique tape off the stock without making a mess.

Hopefully, I will get to take it to the range next week.  All I have is some commercial .30-06, so I'm going to see if I can get some M1 ball without buying a full 500 rounds.

I think it looks like a really solid rifle!

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mine came in this morning.  As previously stated, 1944 Springfield, USGI stock, and I don't know tons about them as this is my first, but I'm guessing it's all Springfield parts except the operating rod, which has "IH" stamped instead of "SA" with the part numbers.  Barrel listed as a 2+/3+, and the bore itself looks pretty nice.  The stock is good, with some character, though I'd like to get that antique tape off the stock without making a mess.

Hopefully, I will get to take it to the range next week.  All I have is some commercial .30-06, so I'm going to see if I can get some M1 ball without buying a full 500 rounds.

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_124037.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_124037.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123944.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123944.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123610.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123610.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123540.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123540.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123500.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123500.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123451.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123451.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123441.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123441.jpg</a>
View Quote

That op rod is actually stamped IHC, for International Harvester, if you look close enough.  These are nice rifles being sent out right now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That op rod is actually stamped IHC, for International Harvester, if you look close enough.  These are nice rifles being sent out right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good catch, it's easier to see in the flash than in person.  Since it appears to be all SA, is it worth trying to track down a SA operating rod, or will it matter?  I've seen some people chasing parts to make their rifle all one brand.

I don't know specifically if the stock is SA, but it might be.  The only markings I've seen on it so far is the Gov't acceptance stamp and the circle-P stamp on the grip.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good catch, it's easier to see in the flash than in person.  Since it appears to be all SA, is it worth trying to track down a SA operating rod, or will it matter?  I've seen some people chasing parts to make their rifle all one brand.

I don't know specifically if the stock is SA, but it might be.  The only markings I've seen on it so far is the Gov't acceptance stamp and the circle-P stamp on the grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In order for it to be meaningful, the heat lots or drawing numbers would have to match as well the parts being SA.  Just being SA doesn't mean much in itself.  The people that track those parts down are usually trying to bring their rifle to correct status and spending quite a bit of money doing it.  I wouldn't worry about it in your case if it is just going to be a shooter.  But if you want, I believe some people would pay more for the IHC rod, than you would spend getting the SA replacement, so you could come out ahead a little by swapping them.  I would just keep it.  If later on you decide to get one of each manufacturer, or even a larger collection, you might get an IHC rifle with an SA op rod, and need that op rod you already have.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In order for it to be meaningful, the heat lots or drawing numbers would have to match as well the parts being SA.  Just being SA doesn't mean much in itself.  The people that track those parts down are usually trying to bring their rifle to correct status and spending quite a bit of money doing it.  I wouldn't worry about it in your case if it is just going to be a shooter.  But if you want, I believe some people would pay more for the IHC rod, than you would spend getting the SA replacement, so you could come out ahead a little by swapping them.  I would just keep it.  If later on you decide to get one of each manufacturer, or even a larger collection, you might get an IHC rifle with an SA op rod, and need that op rod you already have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, thanks!  I didn't figure it would change value much, but like I said I am still a little new to them.  I won't bother with it at this point, and just hope for more eventually!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Order Sent: ~ 1 June
Order Delivered: 8 June
DBU: 19 June
EStore: 19 June
CC Hit: 30 June
Shipped:
Delivered:
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got my C&R so im thinking about ordering a CMP rifle....

is the service grade the best way to go?

because they also have the special grade where you get a choice between .308 or .30-06...

advice? suggestions? input?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#35]
From what I read when I made my decision, if you want a rifle with some history, stick with service grade.  If you want a rifle to shoot a lot, get the special grade, as they all have new barrels, new stocks, etc.

They are turning out some really nice service grades, so for the most part I'd say just get a service grade.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just got my C&R so im thinking about ordering a CMP rifle....

is the service grade the best way to go?

because they also have the special grade where you get a choice between .308 or .30-06...

advice? suggestions? input?
View Quote

I ordered a field grade on 6/4. It is supposed to be on my doorstep Monday, 6/22 before 4PM. I am hoping that the $100 I saved will be a smart move. I just want a piece of history that I can shoot. I actually want the least amount of new parts, stock, etc...
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_124037.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_124037.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123944.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123944.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123610.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123610.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123540.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123540.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123500.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123500.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123451.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123451.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/iroc409/media/20150618_123441.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/iroc409/20150618_123441.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice work on the photos. Yours is exactly what I'm hoping to end up with when mine comes. Shame about the tape, but it should come off with a little work.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice work on the photos. Yours is exactly what I'm hoping to end up with when mine comes. Shame about the tape, but it should come off with a little work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the potato cam... it's good enough for a lot of stuff it allows me to be very lazy!

Good luck with yours!  I shot mine yesterday, 40 rounds of PPU Garand ammo, it was great!

It's not in the budget any time soon, but I'd like to get an IHC, just because I have one in the garage.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good luck with yours!  I shot mine yesterday, 40 rounds of PPU Garand ammo, it was great!

View Quote

Thanks. They charged my card for the clips I ordered at the same time, and have shipped them, so I suppose that means I did the paperwork right. Funny they don't just hold the accessories until the primary part of the order(rifle) is ready though-seems like they could save a couple more bucks on shipping, only having to send one package. Not a complaint by any means, I'm sure there's a reason.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow 4 pages now !!!

My son and I are having an awesome time shooting. He also has a M1A Loaded. We were having a friendly competition today shooting a 14x20 inch steel gong at 260 yards. I'm proud to say I gave him some good competition with the Garand.

Today we were using up some Sierra 180gr BTHP Match bullets. Both the .308 and the 30-06 liked very near start loads of IMR-4895.

Even shooting 180s although light loads both rifles were very comfortable to shoot and very accurate.

Motor
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#41]
My barrel is marked.

SA   F653544B   1 55   A217B

I am having difficulty finding the production date :(
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My barrel is marked.

View Quote

"55" = 1955

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"55" = 1955

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My barrel is marked.

"55" = 1955

It could even be ( 1 55 ) is January,  1955 Correct ?

Motor
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Motor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My barrel is marked.

"55" = 1955

Motor

Yep. I'm hearing of a lot of 1955 barrels showing up on SG rifles. Mine is a month later, I think in the last week I have heard of 4 more. Nice, low to no wear barrels too.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Mailed my order for a 2nd M1 today... my first is a '43  springfield.   This time I stickied for a springfield with good barrel numbers.. looking for a shooter
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top