Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2015 1:52:45 AM EDT
Going to apologize first just in case but.......

How long is it taking to get a rifle currently?

Thanks,

Motor1
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 4:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It probably depends on what you order.  Some people were claiming about a two to three week wait around the turn of the new year, but that is the shortest I have ever heard.  I have usually waited about three to four months for my rifles to arrive.  

Right now, many of the staff are scattered throughout the country for different events so I would expect the wait to be a little longer for the next few weeks.  There is also the huge rush for the International Harvesters, but from what I have gathered, they have a dedicated crew for that, so it shouldn't affect other orders too much.  I put in for one of the IHC and it has been almost a month without even confirmation that they received my order.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
No need to apologize...

Forms mailed: 2/1/15
Card charged, confirmation email: 2/24/15
Rifle in my hands: 2/26/15

Service grade, Aug 1942 receiver w/ Apr '51 barrel. Good looking rifle and accurate too!

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]
minion42 thanks.
My paperwork went in the mail on 3-21-15. I'm anxious LOL. Like you, I ordered a service grade.

That's a very nice looking rifle you got. I especially like the stock on it. There is just something about the used look when it comes to stocks that appeals to me.

Motor1
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I mailed my order for a Service Grade on 3/11 and have not heard anyThing yet.  The IHC's have definitely slowed down their delivery.  Orders just before the IHC's were released seemed to be shipping in 3-4 weeks but now it seems they're a little slower.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
My order for a Service Grade that went out on 3-20-15 has yet to yield CMP's DBU email. I know someone that mailed their order out on 3-10-15 who just received the SG rifle today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
12/14 it took my order 6 days mailbox to mailbox
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Did any of you guys that mailed in March hear anything yet?

Motor1
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Motor1
View Quote

They received my order on 3/17 and I received the DBU email on 4/16.  I haven't heard anything else since.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent in sometime mid March and haven't heard anything yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys. Getting anxious. :)

Motor1
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:19:51 AM EDT
[#11]
If you ever get a chance, visit on  of  their stores. Well worth it
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They received my order on 3/17 and I received the DBU email on 4/16.  I haven't heard anything else since.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Motor1

My order hit the E-Store today and they charged my credit card today.  Hopefully it'll ship tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I mailed in an order for a service grade and they received it March 19rh.  Haven heard anything yet, but it sounds like I'm getting close.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]
About to mail my first.  Does it mail to an FFL or direct?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Direct after a NICS check. They have received an exemption from normal FFL laws that allow them to operate like this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Direct after a NICS check. They have received an exemption from normal FFL laws that allow them to operate like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool thanks.  I thought they might be a bit young for C&R rules.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Order Type: IHC GAP (Note for lower grade if GAP sold out)
Order Sent: 3/10/15 USPS overnight
Order Delivered: 3/11/15 @ 12:38
DBU: None Received
Offer to switch to FG 4/16/15 @ 2:40pm
Switched order to FG w/LMR: 4/16/15 @ 2:46pm
Received email 4/20 @ 8:57am stating that order was changed and that I would receive another email when order is entered.

EStore: 4/20
CC Hit: 4/20
Shipped: 4/21
Delivered: 4/22
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I suppose if there is some problem with your paper work they would let you know?

Motor1
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I suppose if there is some problem with your paper work they would let you know?

Motor1
View Quote

Yes, on another forum someone mentioned that they forgot to have their documents notarized so the CMP notified them and let them resend their order to the front of the line.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Mailed mine in today I cant wait.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I am lusting after a Garand..... On the 22 of this month I fly into Cincinnati for a graduation on Sat. If I haul ass in the rental car I can do the 500+ mile round trip to the CMP north store on Friday. Is it worth the effort to go chose in person, or should I relax & do the mail order thing?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Better call the store the day before, late in the day, and see if and what they have in stock.  If they have a selection, it is worth the trip.  In recent years, the store selection has been very hit or miss, with a heavy trend toward the miss.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Better call the store the day before, late in the day, and see if and what they have in stock.  If they have a selection, it is worth the trip.  In recent years, the store selection has been very hit or miss, with a heavy trend toward the miss.
View Quote

Thank you, good idea.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Several years ago we went to the CMP South store in Anniston and purchased an M1 Carbine.

We got to hand pick out Carbine and it was a wonderful experience.

Back then the store was full of rifles with more in the back.

Don't know about now days.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Several years ago we went to the CMP South store in Anniston and purchased an M1 Carbine.

We got to hand pick out Carbine and it was a wonderful experience.

Back then the store was full of rifles with more in the back.

Don't know about now days.
View Quote

The stores have virtually nothing most of the time.  They put out a few here and there.  Sometimes people get lucky and there will be a few Winchesters that magically appear, but this is not common.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I went to the Anniston Alabama CMP store last week and it was total fucking bullshit. They had a five overpriced Winchester's for sale and that was all. The back room was full of service grade Springfields that they refused to sale in the store. They only sale them through mail orders. They were busy packing them up and shipping them out. I drove 1 1/2 half hours for nothing...what a waste of my time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I went to the Anniston Alabama CMP store last week and it was total fucking bullshit. They had a five overpriced Winchester's for sale and that was all. The back room was full of service grade Springfields that they refused to sale in the store. They only sale them through mail orders. They were busy packing them up and shipping them out. I drove 1 1/2 half hours for nothing...what a waste of my time.
View Quote

There is pretty much nothing in either store from what I have heard and seen.  Even if the Winchesters were at the lower end of their respective grades, I doubt they were overpriced.  Try finding a Winchester of the same grade for a remotely similar price outside of the CMP.  I doubt it can be done, unless someone just gets really lucky.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My order for a Service Grade that went out on 3-20-15 has yet to yield CMP's DBU email. I know someone that mailed their order out on 3-10-15 who just received the SG rifle today.
View Quote

What is a "DBU email"?

Anyway, received first email today. It says they received and verified my recent order.

As stated before I mailed it on 3-21. The email said they got it on 3-24.

I'm getting more anxious by the minute.

Thanks for all the replies. They have been very informative.

Motor1
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What is a "DBU email"?

Anyway, received first email today. It says they received and verified my recent order.

Motor1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a "DBU email"?

Motor1

I don't know what "DBU" means, but I had mine in my hands two days after getting the email you mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't know what "DBU" means, but I had mine in my hands two days after getting the email you mentioned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a "DBU email"?

Motor1

"Don't Bother Us". Basically means they received the order and not to call/email.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#31]
FedEx called. I think it's going to be delivered tomorrow. It's the only thing I know of that I'm waiting on that requires an adult signature.

Motor1

PS: Actually got email after call from FedEx so now one restless night to go.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

damn, if you follow some of the threads here and read on the CMP forums you would have gotten the word to call before you drive.  Sometimes that's not even needed as there is usually a running thread on the CMP forum on what's current at the North and South stores; reports from shoppers.  

CMP has had long dry spells in the last 6 years or so.  What's more fair?  Giving the guy first dibs on the rifle who mailed his check 4-8 weeks ago and was waiting for them to inspect, grade, and process a gun and get to his order   or giving that same rifle to a guy walking in off the street?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#33]
It's an H&R with what looks like a war time stock. Has "42" stencil on left side stock just in front of the butt plate and 46/11 on hand guard.

Barrel is 1955.  

Very pleased !!!!!

Thanks for all the inputs.

Motor
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's an H&R with what looks like a war time stock. Has "42" stencil on left side stock just in front of the butt plate and 46/11 on hand guard.

Barrel is 1955.  

Very pleased !!!!!

Motor
View Quote

I'm jealous.... I'm eagerly awaiting the day I can order mine!
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Barrel is 1955.  

Very pleased !!!!!

Motor
View Quote

Post a picture of it, please
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How do you post photos from a smart phone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barrel is 1955.  

Very pleased !!!!!

Motor

How do you post photos from a smart phone?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Here is Motor1's rifle.  I like it a lot...

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks FluffyTheCat.

Fact is the rifle belongs to my 18 year old son. It is the first firearm he ever purchased. He was on his high school rifle teem.

Later this year he's going to start his college and U.S. Army career.

I think it's pretty cool that his first purchase is such an awesome peice of.U.S. military history.

Motor
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thanks FluffyTheCat.

Fact is the rifle belongs to my 18 year old son. It is the first firearm he ever purchased. He was on his high school rifle teem.

Later this year he's going to start his college and U.S. Army career.

I think it's pretty cool that his first purchase is such an awesome peice of.U.S. military history.

Motor
View Quote

It sounds like you raised a fine son.  It also sounds like he has a good father.

What did it gauge?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#40]
It is 2 and 3. I'm not at home but pretty sure it was throat 3 and muzzle 2. I'll check and edit if needed.

Thanks for the kind words. Jr's a big young man and quite a hunter. I have to admit though his first love is the M1A. A couple of my brothers got him a very slightly used "loaded" for graduation. He's already admitted though that the sights on the M1A is going to force him to use the Garand in the woods.

Motor
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is 2 and 3. I'm not at home but pretty sure it was throat 3 and muzzle 2. I'll check and edit if needed.

Thanks for the kind words. Jr's a big young man and quite a hunter. I have to admit though his first love is the M1A. A couple of my brothers got him a very slightly used "loaded" for graduation. He's already admitted though that the sights on the M1A is going to force him to use the Garand in the woods.

Motor
View Quote

I don't know what the hunting regulations are like in your area, but you can get 3 shot and 5 shot en bloc clips if necessary
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#42]
WV is very shall I say not flat and is about the size of PA with only about 25% of the hunters that PA feild's. Our regulations on magazine capacity has not yet been "big brothered".

I think it's a rip off that normal 8 round clips are $1.99 and the 3 and 5 round are $20

Motor
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
WV is very shall I say not flat and is about the size of PA with only about 25% of the hunters that PA feild's. Our regulations on magazine capacity has not yet been "big brothered".

I think it's a rip off that normal 8 round clips are $1.99 and the 3 and 5 round are $20

Motor
View Quote

If you look around, the clips are pretty much the same price.  And it isn't as if anyone needs to buy more than one or two hunting clips anyway.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you look around, the clips are pretty much the same price.  And it isn't as if anyone needs to buy more than one or two hunting clips anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Motor

Thanks for the reply I guess I didn't look around enough. I don't need them though the standard clip is legal and if I wanted to I can load it to any amount up to 8.

Motor
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Here is Motor1's rifle.  I like it a lot...

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/20150512_100717-1_zpscpifxky2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/20150512_100717-1_zpscpifxky2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Pretty nice looking wood on that one Motor1.  Nicer than mine, in fact.

Of course neither hold a candle to Fluffy's beauties.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#46]
It is an H&R that was rebuilt by a US arsenal and I would just love to have something like that.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Love the number on the stock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks guys. The photo kinda makes it look better, well smoother than it really is. It has it's scars but I like that.

The pistol grip has a circle about the size of a dime with a capital P in the middle lightly stamped into the wood.

Maybe FluffyTheCat will post the hand guard photo. It has numbers on it too.

The metal looks good. The end cap has a good deal of what looks like corrosion but its been refinished so it's just rough.

We hope to shoot it this weekend.

Motor
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Here is the handguard of Motor1's rifle:

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Thanks again FluffyTheCat. :)

Directly under the white 46/11 is what looks like 1/2" wide (used to be white) medical adhesive tape with 46-11 on it too.

We shot the rifle yesterday for the first time. All went well and it showed good accuracy potential.

Motor
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top