Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2014 9:33:36 AM EDT
Just bought one of the universal IBD slings from Uncle Sams that sme guys were talking about. It has the front sling swivel attached by paracord that is just looped around part of the gun. I have mine looped between the barrel and gas cylinder with it wrapping the gas tube. Any problems doing it like this? Any better way of attaching this type of sling?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this sling for carrying the rifle (and how far) or shooting stability?
Why not use the front sling swivel on the stock?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not just use the front swivel on the stock?

Quoted:
Why not use the front sling swivel on the stock?
View Quote

Wow, well said
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
This has the buttstock adapter that attaches the sling to the top if the stock so the rifle can hang. Its a 3pt setup. Using tye stock swivel wil hang the rifle upside down. Here is the sling setup...  IBD Sling
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
melting
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This has the buttstock adapter that attaches the sling to the top if the stock so the rifle can hang. Its a 3pt setup. Using tye stock swivel wil hang the rifle upside down. Here is the sling setup...  IBD Sling
View Quote

The M1A, FN-Fal and other military rifles that have traditional sling loops will hang upside down when carried/slinged in front (like an AR-15). These rifles were not meant to be carried as such.

If you want to carry/sling your M1A in front you either have to hang onto it or adapt the sling.

One possible adaptation would be to take the pieces of para-cord loop and either fashion something around the hand-guard or loop the para-cord through the front sling loop and attach the sling to that.

You could also take a piece of velcro and wrap it around the hand guard with the para-cord underneath.

If you loop the para-cord around the gas tube you run a very real risk of loosening something up and causing accuracy problems.

Also, if you keep the sling attachment as you mentioned in your op you will more than likely change poi when using the sling as a shooting aid.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I really didn't feel comfortable with it hence the post. I just ditched the paracord and ran the nylon sling through the stock swivel. It just gathers to one side now, but hangs nicely. Wouldn't have been a sling I would have on the top of my list, but at $7.99, I couldn't resist. Got one for my full stock Colt AR too. Prob just going to use them as 2 point slings though. Thanks for the input!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top