Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 6:43:14 PM EDT
Ive been trying to find feedback and reviews on the SASS chassis, and so far there hasn't been much out there.. Is there a reason form this? Ive always been happy with Troy rails in the past, and Im just wondering if there is something Im missing.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What draws you to the SASS chassis in particular?

I first tried the MCS early in 2007.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
the rifle in question is overseas and is a select fire TRW M14, and its primary function will be a long range shooter. I would have gone with the Blackfeather chassis, but the rifle will not fit due to the fact that there is no cutout for the select fire switch and maybe a little too light. The Sage was another option, but due to ITAR its a real PITA to get our hands on one outside of the US. Im just surprised that I haven't seen more info on the SASS as Troy is a well respected manufacturer, but maybe this design didn't take off like many of their other products.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The MCS is a very good system, and it does NOT utilize a proprietary op rod guide block.
Tony at LAW483.com knows the tricks and modifications that make them sing. Look him up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the help...its sad that an actual full auto 1961 TRW US M14 will never see U.S .soil again...its almost criminal..but I'm sure don't have to tell you guys that..
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll find little love for Troy here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Do a little research on Troy and their hiring of a certain individual. Then decide if you want to give them any of your money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do a little research on Troy and their hiring of a certain individual. Then decide if you want to give them any of your money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep ARFCOM does not show love for Troy anymore.  Not just the hiring but also the selling in ban states to LE.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
thanks for the help...its sad that an actual full auto 1961 TRW US M14 will never see U.S .soil again...its almost criminalcomplete and utter bull$^!&..but I'm sure don't have to tell you guys that..
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top