User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree that it is likely a FG rifle and that the OP's best bet would be to go through the CMP, where are you getting $500 for a FG?  They are currently $625 after shipping is factored in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
well i found an 1944 m1 that im planing on buying im getting more details about the barrel on armslist plus he live near my city
http://www.armslist.com/posts/3324653/crown-point-rifles-for-sale--springfield-m1-garand

Holy hell. NO way. That's a good $200 more than the CMP rifles and you're getting one that looks like it's had the shit beat out of it. Id be willing to bet if that was sold by the CMP it would be a field grade ($500) or a rack grade which is even lower.

I agree that it is likely a FG rifle and that the OP's best bet would be to go through the CMP, where are you getting $500 for a FG?  They are currently $625 after shipping is factored in.

Before the recent price increase they were $550.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You are correct, but they DID have a price increase and can no longer be purchased for the old price.  With that said, I also would not recommend the OP to buy that Armslist Garand without getting the second opinion of someone that knows the ins and outs of them.  Too many possible issues imo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#3]
aslo i have this one lined up at 835 i talk to him about if his m1 doesnt sell for his price he will sell it to me this one gives more info
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
aslo i have this one lined up at 835 i talk to him about if his m1 doesnt sell for his price he will sell it to me this one gives more info http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=436578965
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
aslo i have this one lined up at 835 i talk to him about if his m1 doesnt sell for his price he will sell it to me this one gives more info http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=436578965

There's literally no information about that specific rifle in the ad. Looking at the pictures, I'd pass on that one too unless you're getting it for extremely cheap.

I would rate this rifle to be in good condition

If that's good condition, I don't want to buy a damn thing from him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, that gunbroker Garand is not worth $800!  That thing is in really rough shape.  Do yourself a favor and post a wtb ad on the CMP forums if you don't want to order one through the CMP.  Don't be in such a hurry!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#7]
CMP is the only way to go. Price is now 650.00 for a service grade. They are shipping Springfields and the wait is under 30 days right now !
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CMP is the only way to go. Price is now 650.00 for a service grade. They are shipping Springfields and the wait is under 30 days right now !
View Quote

They are now $695 + $30 for shipping, but it is still the way to go.  Also, I have to ordered that should be shipping tomorrow or Friday and were ordered on 8/6/14.  With that said, there are still a few people that have outstanding orders from a few months ago, but I would imagine that's because they are sticking to HRA instead of changing to SA.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
ok the gunbrokers m1 i was kind of fishy on so yea you guys are right and im going to go with this m1 the guy lives near me and im planing on meeting up with him what details should i look for all of them
serial number,marks ,anything
plus if the barrel is bad i can order a new later on
and whats the best to worse gauge of a m1 barrel number so i know in case way later down the line

and i know i should go with CMP but theirs other factors on my part
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ok the gunbrokers m1 i was kind of fishy on so yea you guys are right and im going to go with this m1 http://www.armslist.com/posts/3324653/crown-point-rifles-for-sale--springfield-m1-garand the guy lives near me and im planing on meeting up with him what details should i look for all of them
serial number,marks ,anything
plus if the barrel is bad i can order a new later on
and whats the best to worse gauge of a m1 barrel number so i know in case way later down the line

and i know i should go with CMP but theirs other factors on my part
View Quote

Absolutely no way I would pay $900 for that rifle. Especially if you order a new barrel down the line you're going to have to have it head spaced and all that fun stuff.

For the barrel numbers, lower the better. Starts at 0, service grades are up to 5. Any more than that and you're getting into "questionable" shooters that may shoot great or may be horrible.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#11]
EvaCore just order one from CMP, they are flying out the door right now, shipping times are under a month. Unless your "other factors" include not being able to meet the CMP requirement I see no reason to not buy one from the CMP.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
From the way the OP types I wonder if he is a non-citizen and therefore unable to purchase from CMP.  He did say there are other circumstances precluding him from a CMP purchase.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Get a CMP Garand; they are originals through and through, worked on by veterans and people that know the rifle inside and out and using all USGI components.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top