Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 6:18:45 PM EDT
GI parts. Hooded national match rear sight.
4 digit ser. No.  133...
HR trigger group
Standard GI, P proofed stock
HRA operating rod
TRW bolt

I bought this years ago from a collector and I have not shot it. I'm sure he did though. My eyes are too bad for iron sights. I'm thinking of trading it to a dealer for a couple of nice pistols, but need a ball park figure of its value. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on condition but if very nice $1700-2000 to someone who really wants a early Divine. Best to put it on Gunbroker or M14 Forum  sales page and get full potential value than instead of 60-70% on trade in.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tangeant.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on condition but if very nice $1700-2000 to someone who really wants a early Divine. Best to put it on Gunbroker or M14 Forum  sales page and get full potential value than instead of 60-70% on trade in.
View Quote

I would go out on a limb and say that's a little low. "Regular" all-USGI M1As are running $1700-2000. A Devine M1A would probably fetch over $2000 easily. As to exactly how much more, I can't say with any degree of certainty, but I would personally pay $2000 for one in a heartbeat if I was in the market.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of trading it to a dealer for a couple of nice pistols, but need a ball park figure of its value. Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

DO NOT TRADE IT TO A DEALER!

You WILL get lowballed. Sell it online to a collector that will appreciate its value and give you a fair price. Try the EE here or post it up on the M14Forum's PX.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
cmp site
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, don't even think about trading it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You WILL get lowballed. Sell it online to a collector that will appreciate its value and give you a fair price. Try the EE here or post it up on the M14Forum's PX.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking of trading it to a dealer for a couple of nice pistols, but need a ball park figure of its value. Any help would be appreciated.

I fixed it for you, PM.

LISTEN TO POINT MAN!!!! A dealer will rape you, then he'll laugh about it to his friends over drinks while you are crying in your pillow.  Put that gun on the market and get a decent value.  You don't have to go out there and put it up for 2 gagillion bucks just because it's a Devine...but start at a selling price at let the market decide.

Your wallet and your asshole will thank you.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Devine M1A's are pretty desirable. Do not trade it to a dealer. GunBroker it with a reserve of about $2k
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Even in '08 when I first started looking for an M1A, Devine M1A's were going for right at or just over $2k. I'd say now they'd bring $2200+ depending on the buyer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Devines are highly desirable, and the truth is you just don't see them for sale all that often. The last time i even saw one was 3-4 years ago. So you have to take that into account. Dependant on condition i would start it at $2.5k, and if in immaculate condition about $400 or even more. Its a collectors piece now..
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with the others. DO NOT TRADE IT TO A DEALER. Put it on gunbroker if you must sell it. My M1A is a mid 90's. I too don't see iron sights well, so I sold it to a friend. He lost his job a couple of years later. I promptly bought it back from him. It has had around 1000 rounds through it. When I got it back, he had put a Smith Enterprises mount on it, and a Shepperd scope. That scope made all the difference in the world for me. Just my .02.

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Check this early Devine.

Devine M1A

I had one a long time ago and had to let it go due to financial problems.  Very nice shooting gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Check this early Devine.

Devine M1A

I had one a long time ago and had to let it go due to financial problems.  Very nice shooting gun.
View Quote

That's a very nice M1A! Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Need to find out if it was a gun assembled by Elmer Balance or if it was sold as a stripped receiver.  I picked one up thinking I hit the jackpot by research showed it was sold as a stripped receiver.  Stil had an all TRW gun though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Need to find out if it was a gun assembled by Elmer Balance or if it was sold as a stripped receiver.  I picked one up thinking I hit the jackpot by research showed it was sold as a stripped receiver.  Stil had an all TRW gun though.
View Quote

How do you find out?

I have a 3 digit M1A marked on the barrel P.O.BOX 210 DEVINE TX
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How do you find out?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you find out?

Good question! I'd like to know too.

Mine will be on GB soon. Maybe later this week.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you find out?

Contact Springfield Arsenal Inc and ask. I checked with them some years ago and found out that the two four digit serial numbered receivers I had were sold by them as a bare receiver and a barreled receiver and the dates of sale.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you find out?

Interesting pictures, the barrel markings on mine appear hand stamped, your appears engraved or roll stamped!

Is your barrel a USGI or was it replaced?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Picture number 14 shows the barrel to be made in 1967 by USGI Springfield Armory.

Interesting pictures, the barrel markings on mine appear hand stamped, your appears engraved or roll stamped!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you find out?

Picture number 14 shows the barrel to be made in 1967 by USGI Springfield Armory.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I got this from a collector years ago and always assumed it was a USGI barrel. All the parts are GI.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#21]
The rifle sold last night. Thanks for your advice arfcom.  Selling was better than trading for a couple of pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top