Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 5:20:23 PM EDT
So I put in an order for a garand at the start of this year. The site I placed the order on quoted me about 8 weeks (or less) so I figured that is as good as time as any to place the order and been eyeing it for a very long time. It's been 12 weeks since I ordered it and I have no idea when it'll come.

The problem is I'm about to leave for a while. I really don't want to cancel the order but I also don't want it sitting around someplace for the duration I plan on leaving. Should I go ahead and cancel it or should I attempt to find a way to hold the rifle while I am gone? I plan to just go buy a garand when I come back but I really, really want the one that I ordered since it's so unique. I'll also suffer a hit in terms of losing my earnest money that I put down when I ordered the rifle.

What would you do? I won't specify the company I ordered from since I really don't want a, "well you should have ordered from ___" argument. I really like the company and their work and really don't want to bash them and just hope that the issue is to do with the supply or something else and just want to know what to do about this dilemma.

First world problems.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You should have ordered from the CMP. Drive to Anniston, AL and pick one out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should have ordered from the CMP. Drive to Anniston, AL and pick one out.
View Quote

I knew it! It's about 1000 miles from my house. That should be a fun trip. The gas alone would probably pay for a garand.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You should have ordered from the CMP. Drive to Anniston, AL and pick three out.
View Quote

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not call the place and ask why it's taken so long and have them ship it now or ship to your new address?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
You may not get a "new" looking M1 from the CMP.  But you will have a chance of getting a GI M1 Garand that you picked out yourself.

I've been to the North Store twice.  Got 2 M1 Garands (both SA, WW2 era) and the second time I got two H&R barreled receivers that my youngest son and I built into complete rifles with H&R parts/stocks.

I recommend picking out the one you want vs. accepting the one someone picks out and ships to you.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why not call the place and ask why it's taken so long and have them ship it now or ship to your new address?
View Quote

I did. Thy said they have it this week. I called 4 weeks ago and asked and they said it would be in a week. I'm trying to hold back my anger since I really like the place but unfortunately Monday will have to be the last day. It takes a day of shipping then a day from which my ffl can process and call me to lick it up. I will out out of the country so I can't have it mailed there. I would really like it to be in my safe but looking like that can't happen and would either have to cancel or find a new way.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I did. Thy said they have it this week. I called 4 weeks ago and asked and they said it would be in a week. I'm trying to hold back my anger since I really like the place but unfortunately Monday will have to be the last day. It takes a day of shipping then a day from which my ffl can process and call me to lick it up. I will out out of the country so I can't have it mailed there. I would really like it to be in my safe but looking like that can't happen and would either have to cancel or find a new way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If a company were giving me that kinda run around I would of asked for a refund a long time ago and outed the company so the next guy doesn't get screwed over. I'm sorry to say you are being screwed over. Get your money back and order from the CMP

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Ask your FFL if he'll hold it for you. Maybe offer to a fee of some kind.
That is if you trust him not to sell it or shoot it!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If a company were giving me that kinda run around I would of asked for a refund a long time ago and outed the company so the next guy doesn't get screwed over. I'm sorry to say you are being screwed over. Get your money back and order from the CMP

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes needless to say today was the last day of the week the week they promised they'd have it done. I will be calling first thing Monday morning to put an end to this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes needless to say today was the last day of the week the week they promised they'd have it done. I will be calling first thing Monday morning to put an end to this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And your thread on your displeasure with Fulton Armory continues here?   If buy one online from CMP, prepare to wait longer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And your thread on your displeasure with Fulton Armory continues here?   If buy one online from CMP, prepare to wait longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I was thinking.

I guess everywhere he orders from should drop everything and put him at the head of the line.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The way I see it:

1) Cancel the order 2) Send in an order to the CMP 3) Email customer service to tell them to hold the rifle at shipping for when you get back from your trip 4) Leave the country 5) Return to United States 6) Email customer service saying that you are back and want your rifle 7) Sign for big box when FedEx delivers it the next day 8) Clean any leftover cosmoline and enjoy
Top Top