Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2014 10:07:52 AM EDT
I have an SA SOCOM. The Aimpoint T1 mounts too high for a good cheek weld. Anybody have experience with an Ultimak/T1? How's the cheek weld, where do the irons show up in the red dot sight?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It works as advertised, and you will not need a riser.

I prefer the lighter scout hand guard from M14.ca

Both the M8 & SHG fit standard weight barrels only.

The co-witness is dead center with the iron sights
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
H2O Man,

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't heard about the M14.ca mount so I checked out their website. I take it the SHG & T1 also cowitness? Do you know if the SHG fits the SOCOM?

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
H2O Man,

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't heard about the M14.ca mount so I checked out their website.
I take it the SHG & T1 also cowitness? Do you know if the SHG fits the SOCOM?

View Quote

The SHG fits the SOCOM, and the co-witness through the T1 is just like it would be with the UltiMAK.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The irons will be lower 1/3 with the ultimak and a T1. It's also a massive heat sink and get quite warm.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]

The MI RMR mount is similar in co witness.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The irons will be lower 1/3 with the ultimak and a T1. It's also a massive heat sink and get quite warm.
View Quote

That reminds me, the SHG dissipates heat quicker than the ultimak.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an ulitmak, I liked everything about it except it was to hot to handle after 40 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, with the Ultimak, any Aimpoint will Cowitness.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I did not think a full sized aimpoint would co-witness with the ultimak. Thanks for that, anyone else have more pictures?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top