Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2017 9:41:16 AM EDT
Anyone here build a 3-lug F1 can?  Will the Liberty or Gemtech ones screw into the booster adapters?

trying to decide how I want to mount my suppressor to a 9mm AR
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Rugged adaptor on my 9mm can.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a form 1 that is using a gemtech multimount. The multimount is aluminum. As far as I know, the liberty option is stainless steel. I think there are form 1 tube adaptors out there for the Griffin 3 lug also. Those were not available when I built mine. I'm not sure if the Griffin is a shorter system, but it goes inside the tube, giving the appearance of being shorter where the gemtech/Liberty system is external. As far as using 3 lug, I think it is the only way to go if you can use it. Easy on and off, and it doesn't back off. I'm using it with a 5" TROS barrel FWIW.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone here build a 3-lug F1 can?  Will the Liberty or Gemtech ones screw into the booster adapters?

trying to decide how I want to mount my suppressor to a 9mm AR
View Quote

The liberty and gemtech adapters are the same thread pattern.

The pattern is sometimes referred to as "B' size. similar to how D and C is used for Maglite dimensions. A liberty booster works perfectly fine on a Gemtech multimount can. I have this setup.

If you want to F1, it's easy to do, and the Gemech trilug adapter is the same thread as the B as it fits the same can. These things are like Legos and this market will expand exponentially when the HPS passes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I already have the F1 can built. It's a D cell with liberty/gemtech adapter on it. Hence why I was asking if any of the options matched that thread pattern. 

I don't have a strong preference for external or internal. Either one works. It'll be under a handguard anyways. 
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a form 1 that is using a gemtech multimount. The multimount is aluminum. As far as I know, the liberty option is stainless steel. I think there are form 1 tube adaptors out there for the Griffin 3 lug also. Those were not available when I built mine. I'm not sure if the Griffin is a shorter system, but it goes inside the tube, giving the appearance of being shorter where the gemtech/Liberty system is external. As far as using 3 lug, I think it is the only way to go if you can use it. Easy on and off, and it doesn't back off. I'm using it with a 5" TROS barrel FWIW.
View Quote
@mnandy

how long is your multimount?  Just got my uppers built this morning. 

Attachment Attached File

Pardon the mess. Too many projects and not enough time. 
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The 3 lug is about 1.500" long. The booster is shorter. It's about 1.200" from the shoulder to the end of the piston. Both lengths are the amount that sticks out of the can. The booster assembly goes about 1.125" into the can if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
DM adapter?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DM adapter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
DM adapter?
Yea is it the same thread as liberty and gemtech?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a gemtech 3lug mount yesterday. With their 20% off sale it came to $128 shipped. 

Now I just need to wait for Griffin to get their 3 lugs back in stock for both thread pitches.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top