Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 2:28:45 PM EDT
I just finished my first form 1 suppressor, a 6" 9mm model using a titanium tube and formed freeze plugs. It is tames the report from supersonic ammunition and subsonic is pretty quiet. I've noticed though that, although quiet, it seems to have a "sharp" sound if that makes sense.

I've searched everything I can think of about clips, their impact on sound/tone and the cons of doing so? I've found several things on google saying what people "would" do but not so much about what they have done or what the outcome was. Can anyone give personal experience?

Edited to add: I have a 30cal Omega that I'm comparing to. They're both mounted on AR platforms, one being an AR-9. I'm also curious if different powder in subsonic loads would have more impact on tone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, Ti tubes can produce a higher pitch than other metals.
Efficient clipping can pull the tone into the lower frequency ranges.
Powder choice (as well as charge) can play a substantial role in a SS ammo's overall sound.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks. It sounds like maybe I'll try to narrow down a load before I clip. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top