Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:20:32 PM EDT
I wanted to know if there has been a study on which of the simple DIY silencers give the greatest sound reduction?  

Or has anyone done a test to determine which brand/model oil filters are more quiet than other brand/models?

I"m leaning towards an oil filter because I can just screw it on my pistol, and I like that it is short in length.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
nice try FBI, CIA, NSA, etc
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice try FBI, CIA, NSA, etc
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wanted to know if there has been a study on which of the simple DIY silencers give the greatest sound reduction?  

Or has anyone done a test to determine which brand/model oil filters are more quiet than other brand/models?

I"m leaning towards an oil filter because I can just screw it on my pistol, and I like that it is short in length.
View Quote

Just abandon the oil filter idea because the filter is not an end user replaceable item. While some filters are small they are far larger in diameter than any suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not to be an ass, but do you expect to hit any target more than 7 yards away with an oil filter blocking your pistol sight picture?  On a scoped 22lr rifle they will perform okay, but on anything else they would just be junk.  I'm not aware of any metered sound results of oil filter silencers.  Since they are not user serviced, they are junk in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, what?
You can just screw almost any silencer on your pistol, and they make short ones
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Slow day at the office, Officer?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top