Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2017 12:59:36 PM EDT
I've got a stamp back that I'm not sure what to do with.  I'm thinking of getting a minimalist brake but not sure who's 1.5 od adapter to go with?  Looks like DM and SDTAC both show they offer them.  Any experience with either of these adapters?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The advantage of the DM is the tool cut outs on the adapter.  With the SDTA it is just knurled.  So if it gets stuck its a pain to try and get it off.

BTW if you haven't ordered the minimalist yet, quiet riot firearms is the cheapest place Ive found.

SPC is also another option
https://superprecisionconcepts.com/collections/adapters
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The advantage of the DM is the tool cut outs on the adapter.  With the SDTA it is just knurled.  So if it gets stuck its a pain to try and get it off.

BTW if you haven't ordered the minimalist yet, quiet riot firearms is the cheapest place Ive found.

SPC is also another option
https://superprecisionconcepts.com/collections/adapters
View Quote
Spc is great
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Of course DM and SPC are out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Would you go with the SS or Ti adapter with the minimalist? 
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
can I hijack this thread to ask a very related question?

Are there any third party companies that make taper muzzle devices? I though about getting a minimalist brake and blast shield, but after looking at my total on their website ($176!) I thought I'd look at all my options.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#8]
No one else makes a taper mount.
Damage industries makes the same thread pattern. I tried them on 4 guns, only 1 was aligned properly.  The other 3 were no go for suppressor use.
But $30 for a blast shield that will work fine is a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No one else makes a taper mount.
Damage industries makes the same thread pattern. I tried them on 4 guns, only 1 was aligned properly.  The other 3 were no go for suppressor use.
But $30 for a blast shield that will work fine is a good deal.
View Quote
So the Damage Industries Dissipator sleeve will work with the Griffin taper mounts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top