Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 12:28:39 PM EDT
Looking at doing a Form 1...

Would a DM 1.375 x 6.50 or 7.50 inch long tube be OK for a .45ACP round? Would be going on a HK 45CT and an FNX-45 Tactical. Looks like the TiRant 45 M is 1.380 inches so its practically the same size but I've never done this so I don't know how much of a difference DIY will be Vs. professionally made.

I'd like to keep the profile semi-small so the 1.375 looked the most appealing to me.

Would be running this with a Liberty booster.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. I used a 7"(custom order). And also the Liberty booster.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My Octane45HD is 1-3/8" x 8ish (booster inside) and has 9 (i think) radial style baffles.
I can see where a 7" tube w/ external LID would be about the same build.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The 1.375 tube is good to go.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#4]
^^^ Very nice!  Maybe its not pictured (no spacer), but do you have an expansion chamber?  If so, how big is it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^^^ Very nice!  Maybe its not pictured (no spacer), but do you have an expansion chamber?  If so, how big is it?
View Quote
Not me but that is an internal piston setup. Either way, the piston and housing act as a first chamber. I set up for .25" off the piston to first baffle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not me but that is an internal piston setup. Either way, the piston and housing act as a first chamber. I set up for .25" off the piston to first baffle.
View Quote
Well sort of, there is a spacer between the booster housing and blast baffle so that is the actual blast chamber, everything else is situated inside it.  I wound up with 1/4" between the housing and blast baffle and didn't have to shorten any baffles on the lathe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well sort of, there is a spacer between the booster housing and blast baffle so that is the actual blast chamber, everything else is situated inside it.  I wound up with 1/4" between the housing and blast baffle and didn't have to shorten any baffles on the lathe.
View Quote
Appreciate the clarification.  Have you shot it yet?  Is it hearing safe?  Any comparisons with commercial stuff?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:02:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Tell me about this internal piston thing? I was going to buy a Liberty booster but that is kinda bad ass. Who makes that? I assume that is a DM tube? Does DM make that too?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
The booster is from Venom and will fit SiCo pistons and the Rugged 3 lug adaptor.  Not sure if/when he will make more, this was one of two I bought from the initial run and was exactly what I was looking for since I couldn't get any of the big suppressor manufacturers to sell me one in natural stainless.  I finished the 9mm can a few weeks ago but haven't shot it yet due to travel, maybe this weekend if I get time.  Once I get the stamp back for the Rossi I'm going to convert it to a SBR.  

If interested here's a thread on the rifle build:  Project Stainless Rossi .357 “Lever Scout” SBR
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#10]
That's HOT!

I love the way that looks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#11]
OK!

One last question. Still deciding... DM 6.75" or 7.75"? With the end cap, booster adapter and the actual Liberty booster, the 7.75" would be well over 9". That just seems long! Although maybe if it got tossed on something like an MPX or that lever action above, maybe not?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top