Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2017 9:30:52 AM EDT
Alright, I was sitting on a form one and had not ordered parts.  I have SDTA flash suppressors on more than one AR (one pinned and welded) I already have one SDTA can built.

Is there any company that does parts similarly that will interface with the SDTA muzzle devices?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Alright, I was sitting on a form one and had not ordered parts.  I have SDTA flash suppressors on more than one AR (one pinned and welded) I already have one SDTA can built.

Is there any company that does parts similarly that will interface with the SDTA muzzle devices?
View Quote

Chris of Diversified Machine built a couple for the people but not sure if we will do more (it would be a long wait anyways) b/c he is so backed up with his own parts.  The ones I saw for were people that had his tubes already or to fix alignment issues for the SDTA parts (most of the ones in the shop measured off around .060" at 10").  I would use Griffin parts for the new builds, the brakes should be easy enough to resale.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, there is another source of the same products.

Crosshair Custom
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know this post is old, but is this in reference to their ATF issue?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes it is
View Quote

Cross hair custom, or you can send a copy of form 1 to sdta and they will sell you parts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Your better off cutting your losses and going Griffin's setup for future builds.  Or direct thread.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cross hair custom, or you can send a copy of form 1 to sdta and they will sell you parts.
View Quote

That is my plan right now
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cool, hope it works out.

Still shooting at pascagoula DCM?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can still buy thread protectors at SDTA, Just no end caps or tubes

SDTA D size thread protector
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is

Few have had bad luck with crosshair including myself, and a buddy said sdta said no to selling him a tube with an approved f1.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Few have had bad luck with crosshair including myself, and a buddy said sdta said no to selling him a tube with an approved f1.
View Quote

Aww, we're buddies

But yeah SDTAC told me it's a no go on selling tubes or end caps even with a form 1. I would not do business with crosshair custom again.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I desperately need a replacement end cap for my SDTAC tube; I don't think I drilled the hole centered.

Anyone know where I can get one that will work?
View Quote
Due to legal reasons, I won't advise you to replace your cap. However, if I were building a 1.5" solvent trap for cleaning that required a 20tpi end cap, I would probably use one of these..

https://superprecisionconcepts.com/products/hex-flash-end-cap?variant=28117988481

and probably have it sandblasted for $5 more..

https://superprecisionconcepts.com/products/finish-treatment-for-hfc
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I desperately need a replacement end cap for my SDTAC tube; I don't think I drilled the hole centered.

Anyone know where I can get one that will work?
View Quote
I have the same opinon has the above poster. I don't think most people are aware SDTA will sell end caps and adapters via phone in order without a copy of the F1 (subject to change but they posted that yesterday).  Rusty services can probably fix your current end cap, he is pretty reasonable but will require a copy of your f1.  If you want to try to correct it yourself use a diamond drum in a dremel (or a end mill in a drill press) to enlarge the hole so that is perfectly centered, then use a ball nose end mill in a drill press to re-drill it.  This will leave it slightly oversized but many commercial cans come like this (its not uncommon for a 5.5.6 can to have .275" baffles and .300" endcap.  If you need to borrow bits pm me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#15]
SDTA still sells a solid cap under MOUNTS- "no center threads"

You're welcome.
Top Top