Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 11:31:18 PM EDT
Put a Bushnell 4-12 Trophy on my TX200 when I bought it. Seemed ok but wasn't able to get any ammo to really group as good as I thought it should. After all the TX200 is regarded highly in the accuracy department. At 20 yards dime size groups were the norm. Even at 30 and I was ok with that as that is damned good for a 22 caliber air rifle. My R9 is better but still.. I was impressed.  Then one day back in the spring, I was messing with the objective and trying to dial out any and all parallax and that's when I saw it. My cross hairs were broken. It was almost impossible to see but right at the intersection of the right horizontal leg and the vertical axis of the retical they were broken. I notice after I shot it seemed the retical would make a slow but slight drift left. And there it was. I was almost relieved and didn't feel bad about a $600 air rifle that was having trouble in an area it is reknowned for.

Anyway.

Returned to Busnell and a new one mounted. At 20 yards I stack pellets on top of each other ad nauseum. Same at 30. One hole groups. My best grouping pellets are Crosman domes. Right from the Walmart tin. FTS Gold are good too but I get a flier here and there.

Nice to see what this gun can really do.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I must agree, the TX200 series is one of the best. Glad you figured that out. Sometimes it is hard to debug a scope while it is still on the rig.

You will often see folks who will go into denial that springers break scopes, but from now on you will just smile....

Your experience is not unique. You really have to be greatful that manufacturers manage to even make inexpensive spring airgun scopes. We are such a small market and yet very hard on the equipment.

Which pellets have you liked?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I must agree, the TX200 series is one of the best. Glad you figured that out. Sometimes it is hard to debug a scope while it is still on the rig.

You will often see folks who will go into denial that springers break scopes, but from now on you will just smile....

Your experience is not unique. You really have to be greatful that manufacturers manage to even make inexpensive spring airgun scopes. We are such a small market and yet very hard on the equipment.

Which pellets have you liked?
View Quote

Beeman FTS Gold and Crosman Premiers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like springers, and I will keep my Beeman R7, but from now on, pcp for me.  Newest gun is a Weihrauch HW100.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Life can be short.... No reason to put off trying a PCP...  they are much easier on scopes.

You can actually watch your pellet fly in some circumstances.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have sworn off Bushnell scopes for my air guns.
My TX200 .177 prefers Crossman Premiers, 7.9gr in the cardboard box. Next is JSB 8.2gr pellets. Out to 35 yards Crow Mags on impact are visually impressive.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have sworn off Bushnell scopes for my air guns.
My TX200 .177 prefers Crossman Premiers, 7.9gr in the cardboard box. Next is JSB 8.2gr pellets. Out to 35 yards Crow Mags on impact are visually impressive.
View Quote

There are Bushnell scopes and there are other Bushnell scopes.  The Elite line have very few problems on airguns, and one of the better shooter's in my local club swears by them.

I even shot the 75 yard Extreme Benchrest match with a borrowed rifle with a Bushnell scope (the ~$100 Midway cover special)  and did as well as I have ever done in that event.

Spring powered air guns, do need a scope that is capable of that violence, but don't write off any particular brand. If the scope can take the recoil of a big caliber rifle with a muzzle brake, it will handle just about any spring rifle available to the public.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top