Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2016 11:58:31 PM EDT
I've recently picked up a Benjamin Marauder Air Pistol.  I intend to use it only in its "Carbine" format with the detachable stock attached.  The airgun came with a BSA variable 2-7x scope as part of the package but the eye relief is far too long.  Its wants like 16" to 20" of eye relief as if you were using it in its "Pistol" format way out at arm's length.  Even aside from that, as one would expect, it looks and feels like a $60 scope.

So I wanted to get a new optic for it.  I'm looking for something variable power that would be good for targets closer than 50 yards...probably an average of around 25 yards.  Maybe something like a 1-4x variable.  I only use the airgun for pest control so I don't want to blow too much on the optic.  I was looking at a budge of...say...keeping the price around $250 or below.  Somewhere in there.

Problem is that I'm not very familiar with different makes and models of optics that might fall in that price range.  All of my AR's have Trijicon glass.  Either an Accupoint 1-4x or an ACOG.  But I certainly don't want to spend that kind of money on the airgun.

Do you have any recommendations for good choices in different makes or models that might fit the bill?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Wal Mart sells the Center Point 4-16x40 for around $75. I have a few and for a scope that you will not be trying to use the turrets for adjustments, but using the mildots, it is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Look into Hawke Optics for a "good" airgun scope with a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]

I run a Leapers 3-12X44 AO SWAT Compact Accushot Rifle Scope on my 1377 BKL Carbine.  $130 bucks from Pyramyd, comes with rings, and is a surprising decent scope for the money.   Use the FREEDOM-16 code and save another 11% and get free shipping.   No, I don't work for Pyramyd, just buy a lot of stuff from them.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. Many models to choose from, some have illuminated reticles if that interests you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just bought a hawke airmax,  haven't mounted it yet but it's clear and reticle is nice.

i had a hawke panorama I mounted but I sold it due to lack of adjustable objective which was a PITA at shorter ranges
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
i have an old fixed 4x weaver on mine. its perfect. I think it set me back 70.00. Have fu with the prod, I LOVE mine!
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Leapers UTG scopes are good and recommended by Pyramid Air. That is what I bought. The Hunter model good scope.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i had a hawke panorama I mounted but I sold it due to lack of adjustable objective which was a PITA at shorter ranges
View Quote

Did the newer or older ones have that? Reason I ask is I have a Hawk 3-9x56 (think 56) that has the adjustable objective. You just turn the front lens.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Hawke.  I have used them on magnum springers without issue.  On a PCP like the Marauder, you will have durability, clarity, and a nice reticle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top