Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2016 9:36:52 PM EDT
I know that the Ruger No. 1 rifles vary wildly in price, so that's why I'm asking for some opinions here. There is a No. 1 in .223 for sale locally here that I have an opportunity to get for $600, but I know nothing about it. I have only have two crappy pictures, but I do know that it's near mint, and doesn't have iron sights.

What should I be looking for when checking this gun out? Is $600 a good enough price that it's a "buy it" regardless of its date range, submodel, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't see many no 1 for $600

As long as it is good to excellent condition, hard to go wrong for $600
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to buy it, but the guy flaked. Completed auctions are showing most going for a lot more, but I thought I would ask for some opinions too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The action alone might bring $600 on gunbroker.

I'd buy that all day long and twice on payday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up an unfired red pad #1 in .458 mag. It came with 3 boxes of ammo. I haven't shot yet. Looks painful.
Thinking about selling it since there is nothing in Florida other than pythons that I would want to shoot with it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
If it's in that kind of shape for that price it sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top