Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 3:57:41 AM EDT
I've got a Ruger mini 3 I've had for 21 years. it was my first rifle, and the first rifle I ever killed a dear with. Needless to say i'll never get rid of the thing, and I'd like to shoot it more.

In doing so, I'd like to protect the original wood stock and handguard that is on it. Outside of Tapco and Choate (both of which i find butt ugly) I can't seem to find much for it out there. the ATI stuff looks ok-ish. but it felt cheaply made when i looked at it at a local gander mountain. I've found some cool stock

anyone have any suggestions? maybe something alone the lines of an M1a/M14 style stock, or something like the original folding Mini 14 stock, will a mini 14 stock fit a mini 30?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
A Friend put a Boyd's laminate thumb hole stock on his Mini 14 but Boyd's may have more than one stock that fit Mini's.  I think the stocks are the same between Mini 14 and Mini 30.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...will a mini 14 stock fit a mini 30?
View Quote

Yes it will.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes it will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
...will a mini 14 stock fit a mini 30?

Yes it will.

It will, but the mag well may need some fileing to fit mags in.
If you have pre 181 series, you might have trouble finding a stock that fits.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Around here gun shops usually have original used mini stocks in a bargain barrel.  Bet gunbroker has a ton.  
If you get lucky you might find a straight butt end instead of curved.  You could also hunt down a wood hand guard if one would fit a mini 30. Love the look of those.
If you find a beat up stock you could camouflage it.  Guys on Arfcom have made some good tutorials on how to do different styles of camo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top