Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2016 5:30:55 PM EDT
All,

I'm doing some digging for my brother. He's got a Ruger Mini-14 with a GB 186 serial number, i.e. A government barrel pre-ranch rifle mini.

Right now, it sits in the stock he bought it with, a shitty Tapco with fitment issues. It's my understanding that most stocks made nowadays are made for the ranch rifle, which has a different barrel profile. Does anyone know where we could look for a 180- series stock? Has anyone gone through this dilemma before?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn I just threw away a factory stock for one.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn I just threw away a factory stock for one.  Sorry.
View Quote

Sacrilege!!.

kwg
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All,

I'm doing some digging for my brother. He's got a Ruger Mini-14 with a GB 186 serial number, i.e. A government barrel pre-ranch rifle mini.

Right now, it sits in the stock he bought it with, a shitty Tapco with fitment issues. It's my understanding that most stocks made nowadays are made for the ranch rifle, which has a different barrel profile. Does anyone know where we could look for a 180- series stock? Has anyone gone through this dilemma before?

Thanks!
View Quote

You don't want a 180 series stock.  For a 186 series rifle you need a 181 series and up factory stock which are plentiful in either wood or polymer, rifle or carbine versions.   After market stocks are available as well.   Barrel has nothing to do with the stock fitting or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top