Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
And I am thinking about a folding stock for it. Of course the Ruger folding stock would be nice but they are pricey when you can find them. What is everyone else using?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ruger factory folder is the only one I would ever consider, they can be had on Ebay and gunbroker.

The rest of the aftermarket folder options are not very ergonomic, and down-right ugly.  If you just want a better stock, the Hogue over-molded stocks are comfortable and durable.

The Mini-14 isn't a sniper rifle, so don't waste your money on over-priced aluminum, laminate or composite stocks.  It's a fighting man's rifle!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.... If you just want a better stock, the Hogue over-molded stocks are comfortable and durable.

The Mini-14 isn't a sniper rifle, so don't waste your money on over-priced aluminum, laminate or composite stocks.  It's a fighting man's rifle!
View Quote

This.  I have a Hogue  fitted to my Ranch rifle as a tactical stock. And I cut the butt stock down for a shorter LOP.
Keep it light, as the Mini is, after all, a carbine. Quick,  nimble, and quite effective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top