Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 7:05:45 PM EDT
Never mind the driver.  I think I'll get a trigger job next.

They allow one "A zone" hit to neutralize.  Since I'm in Kalifornia Kompliant division I opt for one shot at each target.

Two more vids from an August match. Take a look at my channel for a few more.
M1thumb channel

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I came for the A-Team vids......but I got some great shooting from the OP.  I have toyed with getting a mini 14, I like shooting my dads.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one since the 80's and love it
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've said it before, I'm learning to like it.  I only bought it when I was transferred to CA.  I wanted a gun that was not hobbled by a stupid bullet button (although I have plenty) and it fit the bill.  It does need a trigger job.  

I want to shoot a match somewhere other than CA with normal capacity magazines.  I bet I won't come in last - and I don't mean ahead of all the DQ's and DNF's.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like fun. I love the Mini.
What muzzle attachment do you have?
Looks like the mag change in second vid caught you up a bit. What happened?
Do you think a longer mag body would help mag changes(if it were legal) or were you just hurrying and missed locking in the front or rear lug.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I love how the Mini looks.  I would buy one in 7.62x39 if I could find the right price.  I have been looking a long time and haven't found that price.  The fact I have had three AR-15s in that caliber tells the entire story.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like fun. I love the Mini.
What muzzle attachment do you have?
Looks like the mag change in second vid caught you up a bit. What happened?
Do you think a longer mag body would help mag changes(if it were legal) or were you just hurrying and missed locking in the front or rear lug.

View Quote

The mag Change went bad because I was changing with one in the chamber and a full mag is hard to seat on a closed bolt.  It fell out so I ended up ejecting the round and seating on an open bolt.

I have a smith enterprise brake.  It was experessly designated as CA legal.  It's not the best, no down force just straight back recoil mitigation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
That makes sense on the mag change.
I thought the brake looked like it did a good job and I could see the gas discharge out the muzzle in one vid.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The brake helps.  I got a JP that I'm going to try.

I thought about the longer mags.  I'd have to rivet them or something to 10 rounds but I've actually got used to the short ones.  I can carry them in my shell caddies.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a smith enterprise brake.  It was experessly designated as CA legal.  It's not the best, no down force just straight back recoil mitigation.

View Quote

Is this the SE brake you have?  

You should swap it out for this one, it has vents on top fto keep the muzzle down.  The M1 Garand version i have  works really well.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod02/1007_1.lg.jpg

You should swap it out for this one, it has vents on top fto keep the muzzle down.  The M1 Garand version i have  works really well.
http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod02/1002-rr_1.lg.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod02/1007_1.lg.jpg

http://www.smithenterprise.com/imagesprod02/1002-rr_1.lg.jpg

Exactly right!  That's the one I have.  It works but I need downward force like in your second pic.  The JP should work, but don't know how it will look on the mini.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top