Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 6:13:41 PM EDT
After looking at Ruger's offerings, and seeing the AR-556, does any one else think Ruger would have a hit on their hands if they

introduced a DI AR-762 with a 16 inch light weight barrel, mid-length gas system and a pinned front site post?  They are already hitting the

high and low end of the 556 market.  I think a Ruger backed comparatively low priced 7.62 Ruger backed AR using Pmags would be a boom in

the market.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If I were Ruger, I'd work on making their SR762 run reliably before making another version of it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
After looking at Ruger's offerings, and seeing the AR-556, does any one else think Ruger would have a hit on their hands if they

introduced a DI AR-762 with a 16 inch light weight barrel, mid-length gas system and a pinned front site post?  They are already hitting the

high and low end of the 556 market.  I think a Ruger backed comparatively low priced 7.62 Ruger backed AR using Pmags would be a boom in

the market.
View Quote

I would LOVE a Ruger DI AR just like their AR-556 but in 7.62 instead. I would much prefer something like that over the SR762, the piston gun I think is just too expensive right now although I like the overall feel of the thing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I were Ruger, I'd work on making their SR762 run reliably before making another version of it.
View Quote

Are there widespread problems with the SR762? I'd heard of some problems with the SR556, but this is the first I'd heard something like that about the SR762...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are there widespread problems with the SR762? I'd heard of some problems with the SR556, but this is the first I'd heard something like that about the SR762...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, a lot of feeding and other problems, especially on the early ones.  Long threads on it over at rugerforum.net, or just do a Google search for Ruger 762 problem.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Had mine a year now and absolutely no problems... I did wait till the updated version came out with the P-mags...   It eats and ejects anything I put into it...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used mine for a year with no issues.  I believe that Ruger fixed the production models and they corrected past problems with a very solid warranty program.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

the market.
View Quote

I would like to see a DI 762, but in 18 inch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, a lot of feeding and other problems, especially on the early ones.  Long threads on it over at rugerforum.net, or just do a Google search for Ruger 762 problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you point to any recent accounts of problems?  I did a search like you stated and I did not find anything besides the early problems.  

I had one of the first rifles that would not work with Gen3 PMAGs, but ran perfect with the DPMS metal magazines.  I sent it in to Ruger, got it back in about two weeks and it ran perfect with all magazines when I got it back.  I only sold it because I needed some cash and nobody was buying any of the other stuff I had posted for sale, so I threw the SR762 up to see if there was a higher interest in it and there was.  I will gladly buy another when funds permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top