Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2015 12:29:37 AM EDT

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks really nice.  Details on the conversion?

And who makes the stock pack?  It looks pretty sweet as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks really nice.  Details on the conversion?

And who makes the stock pack?  It looks pretty sweet as well.
View Quote

I certainly dont know for sure but that looks like all my Triad Tactical Stock packs. They are really nice and priced right also.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The stock pack is made by Galati, ordered from Cactus Tactical.  A very good quality shooter pack.  Andy at AD Arms did the bolt knob conversion.  If interested PM me and I'll send you his contact info.  Price was $85 which included the bolt knob and shipping.  Turnaround was very fast.  Had the bolt back in under a week.  I don't know anything about a proper "Wallbridge Method", but I do know it works very well for me.  YMMV
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is a Youtube vid of the Walbridge method:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOT0EqNDbC4.  Read the comments, as the index finger is not ormally used to actuate the trigger.  

It's my opinion that a large bolt knob, such as you installed, might be a disadvantage when employing this method of shooting.  Of course, that might not matter to some, but I prefer to not foreclose my options.  YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The stock pack is made by Galati, ordered from Cactus Tactical.  A very good quality shooter pack.  Andy at AD Arms did the bolt knob conversion.  If interested PM me and I'll send you his contact info.  Price was $85 which included the bolt knob and shipping.  Turnaround was very fast.  Had the bolt back in under a week.  I don't know anything about a proper "Wallbridge Method", but I do know it works very well for me.  YMMV

This is a Youtube vid of the Walbridge method:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOT0EqNDbC4.  Read the comments, as the index finger is not ormally used to actuate the trigger.  

It's my opinion that a large bolt knob, such as you installed, might be a disadvantage when employing this method of shooting.  Of course, that might not matter to some, but I prefer to not foreclose my options.  YMMV.

Yeah, I've seen that before.  This guy does a good job of demonstrating it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j-uf36OuXA  Tried it.  And although I understand it's intended purpose, I personally couldn't really get use to it.  It's "a way" not "the way".  And since I don't use that method of bolt manipulation I don't find it to be a hindrance.  But I agree, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
So just an update here, but I tried the "Wallbridge" method of bolt manipulation, and I'm happy to report that this method can still be effectively employed using this tac knob.  By securing the recessed section of the knob between my thumb and index finger, the middle finger was still able to fall nicely into place and actuate the trigger.  I was able to effectively engage the trigger in rapid succession while cycling the bolt.  Keep in mind that while this works with this particular tac knob for this specific application, your results may very depending on the aftermarket tac knob you might be considering.

ETA:  As stated previously, I couldn't get used to shooting the "Wallbridge" method using the standard unmolested bolt knob.  Strangely enough however, I'm finding myself liking it now that I've been playing around with it using this tac knob.  I suspect that it is in part due to the recess in the knob, which allows for spot to place your thumb and index finger in a way that feels natural.  Also, the knob extends a bit further out, so the middle finger drops right into the trigger well without having to stretch it out.  I found that by keeping my middle finger slightly curved, it just falls right into place and everything feels quite natural in that regard.  I'll do some extensive shooting using this method before I come to a conclusive decision as to whether or not I'll adopt this as a standard shooting technique for the GSR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you're right--and I'm wrong--about this modification, I might have it done myself.  Who did the work?  Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So just an update here, but I tried the "Wallbridge" method of bolt manipulation, and I'm happy to report that this method can still be effectively employed using this tac knob.  By securing the recessed section of the knob between my thumb and index finger, the middle finger was still able to fall nicely into place and actuate the trigger.  I was able to effectively engage the trigger in rapid succession while cycling the bolt.  Keep in mind that while this works with this particular tac knob for this specific application, your results may very depending on the aftermarket tac knob you might be considering.

ETA:  As stated previously, I couldn't get used to shooting the "Wallbridge" method using the standard unmolested bolt knob.  Strangely enough however, I'm finding myself liking it now that I've been playing around with it using this tac knob.  I suspect that it is in part due to the recess in the knob, which allows for spot to place your thumb and index finger in a way that feels natural.  Also, the knob extends a bit further out, so the middle finger drops right into the trigger well without having to stretch it out.  I found that by keeping my middle finger slightly curved, it just falls right into place and everything feels quite natural in that regard.  I'll do some extensive shooting using this method before I come to a conclusive decision as to whether or not I'll adopt this as a standard shooting technique for the GSR.

If you're right--and I'm wrong--about this modification, I might have it done myself.  Who did the work?  Link?

Direct contact info:
Andrew Delikat at AD Arms
[email protected]
(701) 269-1986

No affiliation. Just very happy with the service. Turnaround time was extremely fast. Shipped it off and got it back in under a week. If you can wait a bit I can post a quick video on YouTube demonstrating the technique with this particular bolt knob.  That way you can get a visual confirmation of my claims beforehand.  Let me know.    

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Aluminum.  Andy will perform the service for $65 provided you send him the knob of your choosing if you don't want what he has to offer.  I believe he machines these knobs himself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]
"Wallbridge" Method  Just demonstrating that it can be done.  If interested in seeing how fast you can go with this I'll see about making a video to demonstrate that as well.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Part 2 if anyone cares.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#14]
While the Walbridge method was possible on the Lee Enfield actions, it wasn't practical on other designs.  

Besides, that's why the M1 Garand was developed and so popular.  You could fire it as fast as you could load it.

However, things came to a screeching halt when the platoon leader smacked you up side the head for wasting ammo.

Besides, that's why they issued Browning MGs to the troops.  Their barrels were designed to take the heat of continuous fire.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks OP looks great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top