Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2014 4:36:01 PM EDT
I am weighing my options on a .308 rifle for 2015.  What will I use the rifle for you will ask… Short answer is punching holes in paper.  The lot of the ranges I frequent have 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges.  I also have access to a 450 yard range a couple of times per year.  I really like the aggressive look of the new GSR with the black composite stock with stainless steel barrel.  I also like the looks of the Ruger American stainless in .308 (22” version, NOT the compact version).  If I were to get the American, I would pair with DNZ Game Reaper mount and a Trijicon Accuoint 3-9X40.  If I were to get the GSR, not sure what I would go with optics wise.

Since I don’t have the coin to buy both rifles at this time, which one would you recommend and why?  

Thanks!

Justin
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have nothing over 100 yards here in the republic of Connectiscan so I went with the 22 magnum. Scope arrives tomorrow. Nice thing about the rim fire is the  glass is cheap.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
For a paper puncher get the American and save yourself money for glass and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I would keep my eye out on the used market for one. I'll bet there are some guys that will be selling GSRs when the polymer hits the market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top