Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 11:26:31 AM EDT
As the title states, I finally got to pick it up and drool on it a little bit late last night (11:30pm!) right before going to bed for my hog hunt today at 5am! Haven't gotten a chance to actually shoot it yet but hopefully I get to sight it in a little bit today and pack it around with me. Bought mine in 308 Win. Makes ammo calibers simpler as I already have an ar10 in 308. This is my first bolt action rifle, I've always just bought ar's that fit my needs. Anywho here are a couple of pictures.

I didn't take any with the suppressor and scope on together cause it was late and my brain stopped working
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Should get the job done.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that didn't take long! Put a quick 50-ish yard zero on the rifle and a hog decided to stroll out in front of me.

quick 50-ish yard zero. First 2 shots are the 2 touching each other at the top right. 3rd shot was a screwy adjustment on my part somehow. Then walked it in towards the red.

pictures of the rifle in the stand

will get pics of hog later if anyone wants to see them. Hoping more of its buddies show up first. Or a coyote. Not bad for just getting the rifle late last night!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! Wish I lived somewhere I could kill something with my new rifle the day I bought it, legally anyways
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
cool, that's the same rifle I want next.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates? I'm looking at the predator model in 308. How do you like it so far?
I think the shorter barrel would be handy to tote around the woods.
Anybody know how much velocity is lost vs a standard length hunting rifle?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any updates? I'm looking at the predator model in 308. How do you like it so far?
I think the shorter barrel would be handy to tote around the woods.
Anybody know how much velocity is lost vs a standard length hunting rifle?
View Quote

It's one of my favorite rifles that I own (it's actually the first bolt gun I've owned). I bought it last year after a hunting trip with a few buddies and they all had bolt guns and I was the only one there with an AR, so I used that as my excuse to buy one! I don't know if I've said it yet or not, but I LOVE this rifle. Haven't had any issue with it at all until last week on another hunt where I'm pretty sure someone screwed with my zero when I wasn't around. Other than that I had it zeroed out to about 500 yards or so. Really freaking accurate. I actually just bought a RAR Ranch in 300 blackout "for my daughter" ! She's not as thrilled about it just yet so I guess I'll just have to use it until she's interested in it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top