Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2014 7:20:45 PM EDT
I recently purchased some Troy folding sights off a Ruger 556 that have the white Ruger logo on them and was wondering if anyone has removed the logo before without refinishing it?  I read a post from 2010 and the best answered seemed to be paint or a sharpie so that may be what I do if there's nothing better.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely you will find that they are laser engraved with the marking and the only way to remove it is to refinish, or the sharpie method.  

You could go to a sign shop and see if they have some scrap 3-5 mil thick matte black vinyl with an acrylic adhesive on it and cut it to size and cover the logo.  There's also 10 mil polycarbonate film that is used in making labels and membrane keypads that has a texture to it.  There may be some scrap black with acrylic adhesive on the back.  My .02.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just using sharpie for now but may try that out. Either that or just put some electrical tape on it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
flat black krylon
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
aluma black
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top