Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 7:06:18 AM EDT
Nobody makes a M14 or even a Tabuk style long flash hider in 5/8x24?

I think it would look great on a Mini 30 Tac.

I don't even remember seeing any long-style ones for that setup, which is maybe a little weird since it's the same as an AR-10.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Same reason nobody makes anything for the mini 30 tactical:  Not enough of them out there to produce for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same reason nobody makes anything for the mini 30 tactical:  Not enough of them out there to produce for.
View Quote

Well, even then, 5/8x24 is the same threading as an AR-10, as well as quite a few other .308 designs, and nobody makes one for those either.

Maybe I'll just machine one myself then.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I just figured probably because they also have the front sight and bayo lug on them.  They slide further down the barrel than a typical threaded muzzle devise. It would be cool to be able to remove the front sight of the mini 30 and have it like the M14. It could be a pin on like the MO Reaper.   I hate the mini front sight..  
Making one without the front sight base and lug i guess would work.  But why make a needlessly longer and heavier FH just to make it look sort of M14ish?  Isnt the front sight and lug what gives it the unique look?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top